X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Street Hot Rod....

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Pro-Filer heads? Your using that JUNK?! :D ;D

Man, as awesome as your fabrication and design skills and execution on this project have been, I'm still happier than a pig in shit that it is getting a bad ass motor.

Brian
    Thanks a ton guys like you keep me motivated quite a compliment makes the hard work worth it!
    Talked with my body guy the other day told him id like to get him back out here to finish my under hood area.
    and get it blocked and primered ecs. before i set the engine back in it!

Like to fire it up and make sure it runs etc.
    Maybe i'll get some video of the engine running! lol

Still have a few things to get aeromotive electric pump push rods some fuel line etc.
    Like i mentioned i'll keep you posted!Later George

Comment

Thanks for the project update you make me sound like i actually know what im doing! lol
      I'll be sure to keep you updated of the progress fantastic board and great to share input and ideas and of course photos with you guys!

Been away from the car for a few weeks needed a lil break ready to start blocking the underside of the hood and inner fenderwells, and if you look close you will se the lack there of any fastners fender bolts etc. took alot of time to make it look that simple lol
      Again ill keep you up to speed motor should be heading to my engine guy soon to button up!

A few random pics!

Also if you look in the last pic you will see how i extended the rockers under to the body lip that is always so ugly to a total of 5"s under the car makes for a cleaner body transition and again just cleans up that part of 80% of the cars even show cars if you look just has filler or over spray etc.

By profleetline at 2010-09-25

By profleetline at 2010-09-24

By profleetline at 2010-09-24

By profleetline at 2010-11-18

Comment

Heres a shot of the headers the exit right in front of tyhe rocker panels and will be tucked up tight against the floor boards had to notch and modifiy a body body mount in the front but worked out pretty well and they are on the out side of the frame between it and the rockers!

You can also see in this shot the extensive metal work i did to the rockers i built them all from raw metal and to make a cleaner smoother rocker that ties into the door jambs witch i spent weeks smoothing.
        But should be worth it these are the little things people speak of people expect the big things to be nice but the jambs rockers etc thats were the devil lives last name details! lol

Comment

Well heres the day ive been waiting for!
          The new Pro-filer 210's rubbed on and smoothed up by Chad Speier's has arrived!
          Just had to throw them on the engine to get a idea of how it all will come together visually!
          Still have to paint the fabbed valve covers they will be a lil secret going to be body color to match block with some detailing to them!

Still have to go pick up the things like i mentioned before starter aeromotive fuel pump an's lines etc.
          also the engine will have through out all 12point ARP stainless bolts they have a pretty detailed bling to them lol!
          Heres a few shots enjoy!

Also i weighted an old chevy cast iron head and weighted the new heads and makes a pretty big differance at the scale!
          48lbs cast iron - 25lbs aluminum basicly two aluminum weight what one iron weights should help in the saving weight dept! aswell.

By profleetline at 2010-11-19

Comment

No i dont think so!
            I have a couple other hot rods aswell! once i get a car and the style of car you love its hard to let them go because you would just have to get one just like it again if you got rid of it!!

Comment

Not exactly sure but i i figure it should weight close to the same as the the old heavy straight 6 that came in it!
              Theres alot of aluminum on the engine as you can tell.
              so power to weight should be pretty good!

Im not one to throw numbers out there but after speaking with my engine builder and crunching some numbers should make over 550 hp hairly easy! with this set up!
              Will not know till i get some trrack numbers and make some good solid passes on it! that will tell the story.

Comment

I seem to recall reading some where years ago that the old babbit pounder wieghed more then the 265 as a reference. If so doesn't surprise me in the least. There's a late 40's 4 door Chevy sitting in a gas station parking lot near where I work. I can only wonder how much that 216 had to work. Musta been a real rocket :
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Yeh those 216 staight 6's were not built for speed they made 90 hp at 3,300 rpm lol took till 1955 to bring the heat to GM.
                  ill find out the weight of those 6's curious now myself!

Just looked it up seems the 6 weights in around 440 lbs and a sb chevy around 535lbs didnt give any years just displacemenst but thats probably about right and pretty close!

But you start figuring aluminum water pump, intake carb pistons heads valve covers etc starts sheding pretty quick be curious to see just how close it is to weighting around that 440lb mark.

Comment

By profleetline at 2010-11-25

By profleetline at 2010-11-25

Comment

Well, as you know, your fabrication and sheetmetal wizardry on the body and chassis of the car were duly matched with Chad's cylinder head wizardry inside the motor.

Too effing cool.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Top notch work so far. ;D This will be amazing when finished!!

Comment

Wow, those are lightweight heads! I guess the 48# was cast iron?

Crazy is the heads for my V6 are in the vicinity of almost 60 pounds with the valves/rockers and springs loaded on there. That's not a lot of fun trying to load that onto a block on an F-body with ARP head studs lol! That engine sits waay back there

For reference when I had to replace my leaky MLS gaskets...
                          [/img]
                          2000 Firebird
                          ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

Thanks guys plan on getting back in the garage been away from the car awhile had to take a lil break was consuming me got some good quailty time with my children in now im ready to get back at it!
                            Bought some bitchin new ARP 12 point stainless pro series head bolts for it ill get some pics up soon! cha ching$

Comment

Snapped a few pics tonight laid out all the bolts and gave each one a proper shiny on the wheel tonight. shined up nicely i decided to spend a lil more jack on the 12 point polished just didnt have the heart to do the black when everything else is all 12 polished plus the black steel bolts rust over time!

By ProFleetline at 2010-12-06

By profleetline at 2010-12-06

Comment

Built this rear deck area similiar to a new vette also this deck is hinged so i can lift it so the area will hold and hide all my components like air ride system and air tank battery etc. so everything is out of site.
                                Just getting started be sure to keep you updated alot of cool stuff to do in the interior yet!

By profleetline at 2010-12-10

Comment

Working...
                                X