Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alan aka NOSNERD Nova project..

1970 NOVA SS 4 speed car.

this project snow balled quickly.lets backup to spring 2009.

i was on the market for a decent 78-81 camaro Z28...that i can throw a bbc,nos, some bolt ons and GO..some thing that didnt require a paintjob..that looked good from 10 feet away.up here,in ontario canada,finding a bar goon is quite difficult. i know a hell of a lot of people,back from me working at a major performance WD in toronto.i called several of my speedshop buddies across ontario,looking for a project.nothing...well nothing in my price range////LOL.. :

Spring 2010.

i go pay a visit to my buddies Rolly and Ed at D&D Performance...i have known these guys from back in my speedshop days,they are a Dart ,Manley and Crower Master WD..so we bought parts from them,and had engines built for customers.i consider rolly my mentor and a great friend.he has forgotten more than i will ever learn.

theres a nova outside.no motor/tranny.ed bought it from a very good customer of theirs who got into trouble with the nose candy.they know the car going back at least 15 years as they have sold the prior owner tons of parts and 3 motors.the nova has gone 9.91 N/A ans 9.21 on a 250 shot 372 SBC at 638 hp.8500 in chassis work and parts were spent by the prior owner.

i fell in love with the car on the spot.it has all the right parts,mini tubbed,flaming river rack,CE sheetmetal rear ,ladder bars with wishbone,tied frame,tubular uppers control arms,tubular tranny x memeber,and a 8 point roll bar etc..

the paint on the car is about 14 years old and shows well,would show better if i took the time to polish it!!!lol-its a great 10 footer.so i spent more money than i wanted ...oh well lol. ;D

Engine: 4.560 x 4.00 manley 14:1 pistons..CR works out to 13.7.Total Seal ringpack.new

Dart fully ported 320s..flow 378 at .750..servere duty valves,Nextek springs, Crower rocker arms)Moroso stud girdle.all new ,except for the castings..
    Dart intake,fully blended new
    Holley 1050 three circuit. i disabled the intermediate circuits by removing the bleeds.new and still tuning it..
    Scat crank Crower rods-all new
    Jesel belt drive (a used deal from rolly)
    Moroso fabbed pan-new
    FluidDamper-used
    Comp 11-702-9 roller shaft..small,and easy on the valvetrain so i can drive this this on the street..271/282 @.050 with
    .680 lift ground on 110 lsa.Comp Pro series lifters..of course,all new.manley pro series pushrods.

motor made 798 hp at only 6400 rpm on cheapie hedman 2 inch headers!wow
    677 tq at 5100-5300 rpm

trans is a Fireball Transmission(doug miller of canadian superstock fame) Th400 with a reverse valve body and a hardly used TCI group 1 converter..seems to stall around 4500-4800...dunno...still having fun with it..

i would like to express my gratitude to the guys at D&D for a great motor,rolly,i am glad i listened to you for the shaft :D
    Todd,headporter extraodinare....putting my nose in your work and not saying a a word lol...ed for the dyno work,you humbled me in the cell...i learned a lot that day.!and graham,for welding up a sweet looking drivers side header tp clear the rack after i phucked it up,i will be back in spring with a a tunnel ram and a larger cam...just for poops and giggles...

i went over budget by 6k...but well worth every penny,even if backorders killed my summer,i am happy i did not cut corners with my part selection and collection.

when i get into that thing my knees shake..i feel as if i am 20 again.LOVE IT.

now its time to clean it and polish it...

video to come... 8)

thanks for stopping by.

alan

NOSNERD
    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Re: alan aka NOSNERD Nova project..

Check out the valve covers ... I love 'em!

So what did you end up paying for the car?
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

i know !!! old school gold Moroso!!!i REALLY want some red ones...but the anodized series have been discontinued...replaced by powdercoated versions...yack.

i have a set of sweet sheetmetal covers to put on,but cant bring myself to swap them out.Ed and i traded them,i bought him some chrome morosos.

if those covers could talk...they have been on a BUNCH of motors on the D&D dyno.

bamster check your Pms.

alan

Comment

Killer Nova.....I want one just like it..

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

well i traded a high maintenance ex wife for a high maintenance streetcar lol : ;D

that what i told her when she dropped by to check it out about three weeks ago...

we laughed.

i laughed more. ;D

Comment

Working...
          X