So here's the Vega in Vegaman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here's the Vega in Vegaman

Well, just got in from the garage. Fired up the Vega today ... WOOHOO!!!
    Been fighting with it all day trying to get in the tranny cooler lines and the starter, spent most of the day doing that, so we wound up grabbing a jerry can and an electric fuel pump, slapped on an old Q-jet I thought was still good (it wasn't) and barked it up, open headers and all, lol. The neighbors must love me. Could only run it for a few seconds as I was spitting out 2' flames from the headers and they are a shorty style and I didn't want to cook anything. What a blast though ;D ;D

Still more to do, install gas tank, fuel pump, Edelbrock carb and a rad as well as some minor stuff and the electrical but after the last couple of weeks I've had fighting with this thing it was nice to hear it roar.

This is what I started with

And this is where it's headed towards

Interior is almost done, just needs the carpeting installed and put some new trim pieces in, will definitely have it running soon and drivable by summer and then (maybe) the body shop.
    Will post some updated pics later on, right now it's Miller time, lolol
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Re: So here's the Vega in Vegaman

cool project

Comment

Nice!

8)

Comment

While I bleed Pontiac blue, I have always had a soft spot for the V8 Vega. Must be from the first time I saw Grumpy's giant killer back in the early 70's
        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Looks good, i remember Miller Time.

Comment

I've always liked Vega's.

Comment

One piece headers? I thot they were all where 2 tubes had to be slide in after the install. Where'd you get those?

Comment

There from Sanderson. They fit great and were fairly easy to install. Just had to remove the steering column and slide it thru the one side. I wanted to go with shorty headers so I didn't have to worry about ground clearance issues. I've got quite a large hump to go over to get in my driveway, so went with the shorty style.
                "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                X