76 Chevelle road racer from the arctic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 76 Chevelle road racer from the arctic

Great pix. I love this internet thing. You can travel around the world, see all kinds of places (better pix than in any magazine) and never leave the comfort of you own home.

Comment

Thanks for posting. As others have said, it's interesting to "meet" Carjunkies from all over the world. I also love your "accent" in your typing. I'm so impressed that so many non-USA folks are multilingual, including you. Big Block Mopar is Dutch, and he types with almost no accent at all.

Later
      Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan 8).You know,reading American car magazines from the age of 11-12 did magic for my english lessns ;D.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
          Thanks Dan 8).You know,reading American car magazines from the age of 11-12 did magic for my english lessns ;D.
          I wish i could have convinced the nuns in grade school!!

Thanks for the post!

Comment

Man that is awesome!!

Getting some rodding in while the weather is good!!

Ax

Comment

I have a 454 in the project stadium..need the block bored to 060.Have a roller cam and edlbrock heads and a road race oil pan with baffles.The cash isnt there yet,because i have a 350 and a 400 block that shall with mee to the shop..so 3 blocks and some cranks for machining and its okey..

Its 1000kilometres to and form,so i must take what i can with me to save cost :

Comment

You have to drive 600 miles to the MACHINE SHOP?!

I'm standing and applauding your dedication!

Yowza

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That car is gorgeous but the Laguna nose will be the coup-de-greasy!

It's hard to believe you don't at least have swaybars on there yet!

What brand of tires do you have on there?

Great work enjoying a REAL car the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
                  Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    You have to drive 600 miles to the MACHINE SHOP?!

I'm standing and applauding your dedication!

Yowza

Brian
                    600 miles is both ways ;D...But it is a loong way for people that have the shop around the corner :..

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
                      That car is gorgeous but the Laguna nose will be the coup-de-greasy!

It's hard to believe you don't at least have swaybars on there yet!

What brand of tires do you have on there?

Great work enjoying a REAL car the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
                      ;D ;DThanks..It wasnt easy for me to convince myself to drive it as it is,but i couldnt spend more time on not driving it,so i just drive it as it is..and it has grown on me..but of course the laguna front is the missing link 8)

I have 15 inch tires front and rear.Dunlop qualifier front 265x50 and some 1993ish Bf goodrich 305x50 back ;D.Its all original suspension..im really proud of it 8).

It proves that you dont necesarily have to spend megabucks on an american sedan to have fun.

This body style that started in 73,has the same front suspension as the 70-81 f body.Its frame goes as far as the 96 Impala SS.You can infact take the rear axle from an Impala Ss and mount it nearly directly on my car.Just drill the holes bigger in the axle.They are 12mm,and the 76 has 1/2 inch bolts..

It would have been a good upgrade,because the newer axle has 30 splines axles versus my 28 splines,and you get the disc brakes too...

I have koni shocks lying in the garage,but i thought i had to start someplace,and doing upgrades and get better track times as it progress.And a lot of my friend told me that american cars sucks on a track full of corners,so i thought they shouldnt say it was bacause the car had been upgraded that it handled well...

Before i had it on the track they told me that this car wouldnt work...

They are not saying that now ;D

Comment

We have an old racetrack here too,which has been plowed this winter.Ice racing is cool if you have good studded tires and fresh rubber..

Comment

What can I say but SWEET? Ive always been a fan of the 73-77 Chevelles. One of my first cars was a 74 S3 Laguna 454 The motor was long gone when I got it unfortunatly. Im wondering though, has someone changed the front clip on it? Ive never seen a 76 with the single round headlights. 75 was the last year for that. Also it appears that it has a 74 back bumper, notice how the outside lower edges kinda curl inwards? Sorry, Im not trying to pic your car apart! Honest!! BTW the side quarter windows look pretty slick filled in!

Ive always wanted a 73-77 Chevelle with a full on NASCAR treatment.
                          Oh and I hear ya on how heavy those Laguna noses are! Its crazy.

Good luck with it and keep us updated!

BTW if your into die cast cars, look for the JD McDuffy car and truck set, theres a 75-76 Laguna in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam

We have an old racetrack here too,which has been plowed this winter.Ice racing is cool if you have good studded tires and fresh rubber..

That looks like fun! Do you have to do alot of body work after one of your ice races?

Comment

So far,after 3 meetings there have been no bodywork.And i think it will continue that way,because we arent racing.All cars are registred and most of them in all day use.Just enjoying too slide and have much fun ;D.

That said.........gearheads on a track and all....you know ;D :D.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUBBY
                                What can I say but SWEET? Ive always been a fan of the 73-77 Chevelles. One of my first cars was a 74 S3 Laguna 454 The motor was long gone when I got it unfortunatly. Im wondering though, has someone changed the front clip on it? Ive never seen a 76 with the single round headlights. 75 was the last year for that. Also it appears that it has a 74 back bumper, notice how the outside lower edges kinda curl inwards? Sorry, Im not trying to pic your car apart! Honest!! BTW the side quarter windows look pretty slick filled in!

Ive always wanted a 73-77 Chevelle with a full on NASCAR treatment.
                                Oh and I hear ya on how heavy those Laguna noses are! Its crazy.

Good luck with it and keep us updated!

BTW if your into die cast cars, look for the JD McDuffy car and truck set, theres a 75-76 Laguna in it.
                                A 74 Laguna with 454 are a desirable car these days Grubby ;D.Especially with 4 speed.

The rear bumper on my car is from a 74 model yess :D.I found it a little more curvy and not so tank like,than the original 76 bumper..

It shows here in this pictures also that it was some serious rust damage to the quarter panels,so i welded in new metal there...and when i removed the trim between the tail light,there was just some plastic behind full of holes,so i fabricated a new tailight housing in metal...

The quarter windows had some serious rust damage in 96 when a friend owned it.And he just crushed the windows,and i had to weld them shut.

And the front was just somthing i threw together when i found out that i had no time left to get the Laguna nose made in glassfibre last spring.Its a 74-75 nose now with a 75 bumper which has been modified a bit in the corners.Picture from 1996 shows how it was before.

And the 76-77 Two door malibu base no Classic from 76-77 had single round headlights,AND the 73 quarter windows.I didnt now this either untill i fond the original brochure ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X