• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of it doing something awesome or it didn't happen
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      Video of it doing something awesome or it didn't happen
      I just needs to have someone with a videocamera,when we are runnin around on the track...the track where everything is allowed,as long as it spins.

On the street is another thing,but it could happen.

Comment

• Had the first ride today..it has a gas leak,and it will rattle alot..it can be the last years gas..i have filled up now with 98 octane..will see if that helps,or a MSD distrubutor is the solution.

Comment

• Moving under it's own power and not burning itself down from a gas leak. WIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            Moving under it's own power and not burning itself down from a gas leak. WIN!
            Its just a little leak down on the new gas pump..no worries..theres no fire down there.It didnt rattle much today,cause the new gas has probably joined the old one..and made it some better.

Ohhh...i left big marks in town..loooooong ones..but no proof.

Comment

• Every second year,we have to pass vehicle inspection over here..so i have to lengthen the 3 inch exhaust system all the way around the rear axle...and the rest of the suspension..its tricky,but it can be done.

Here is the final result..just the other side to do now..

I hate exhaust systems that make contact with the frame-suspension-shocks etc..so i took my time to have clearance everywhere..

Here is a view from the side..

And here is what can be seen standing beside the car.

Comment

• That's a heck of a bend. Nice job!

Comment

• Looks great. You made them like I did on both of my car. I like you made them bolt on.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Great work!
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Thanks guys.Yeah Scott,i have to make them bolt ons..new control arms in the rear will be this summer i hope..would have been baaad to have the exhaust in the car,when installing those

Comment

• Replaced the u joints yesterday..had some vibrations in the driveline,when i braked from 100mph at the track day on saturday.This driveshaft came from a Suburban i used as daily driver some 7-8 years ago..i replaced the joints then,and i thought that they where ok when i shortened the drive shaft 2 years ago...they where,but water must have made this..

So new joints now,and everything works great....except..the carb,or the fuel system..it lacks power when coming through long bends at the track..it wont accrelate..i like to believe its the carb.

Comment

• do you have jet extensions? could the jets be getting exposed to air as the fuel is sloshed to one side due to cornering?

Fuel filter restricted?

Fuel pump not big enough?
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                            do you have jet extensions? could the jets be getting exposed to air as the fuel is sloshed to one side due to cornering?

Fuel filter restricted?

Fuel pump not big enough?
                            I have this fuel pump..

Free Shipping - Edelbrock Performer RPM Street Fuel Pumps with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Fuel Pumps at Summit Racing.

I dont think its the pump or the fuel line,cause it goes as stink on the straights..its just in the corners it lacks power..it bogs..

Heres the carb..a Edelbrock AVS 800.

Free Shipping - Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS Carburetors with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Carburetors at Summit Racing.

Comment

• Ohhh...Also included with every Edelbrock carburetor is an owner's manual. These manuals consist of two sections: Section 1, Theory of Operation and Tuning Procedures, will help you to develop your own individualized calibration. Section 2, Tuning Procedures, will take you through a step-by-step procedure that will enable you to achieve a desirable calibration. For added ease of tuning, a calibration reference chart for your model of carburetor will be included.

Comment

• I'm betting the fuel is overflowing out the vents during the high g-forces in the turns, making it go so rich that it bogs.

Easy enough to check, stick some pieces of tubing on the vents to act as extensions. Effectively raising the height of the vents.

Any chance you know an American named Evan Lewis who operates a Viking themed micro-brewery/resort hotel with his wife over there? He's an old college buddy of mine if you do....
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X