76 Chevelle road racer from the arctic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 76 Chevelle road racer from the arctic

;DCool project 8).You now,i am an american car entusiast,but it would have been so easy to have a Opel or another European car as a project..They are pretty common here ;D.

What loook are you gonna have?..Pro street Pro Touring?

Comment

well, i've got a model A straight axle & a sawzall, so it might get an altered wheelbase gasser look, but i'd prefer to stuff 10" wide wheels on all 4 corners & alter my perception to the physics of traction.

anyway, it'll be different. i got a 4 bolt 350 for it, but i've been thinking about using a 200hp 2 stroke boat motor...i dunno yet, it's 3rd or 4th in line...

Comment

Both styles will be cool ;D .;D...i remember that in the early eighties there were a Kadett for sale in Hot Rod with a 427 L 88.Dont know how the spark plugs gott room,but i guess it was fast when it ran ;D

Comment

junior tompson ran one with an injected hemi. too cool.

how did you narrow your bumper? i've had bad expieriances with bumper metal.

Comment

The kadett gasser was wicked 8).

.The bumpers...I just cut them and Mig welded.From what type of car have you tried to weld bumpers?

Comment

the opel. :

I tried narrowing 'em 2 inches & my mig shat on me (*best captain kirk impression* "we need more power")
              the chop saw didn't like the material either & when I tried to hammer out the dings & whatnot I just hurt my hands. didn't even blemish the bumpers.

on my nova I'll probably just order fiberglass bumpers & cut 'em down, but as one of the few people to want to keep the hobby burning, i'd like to know how to do everything.... also, I had to 'bend-up' the bumpers on my jeep, in high school, & they weren't built out of the same material. they were regular steel.

Comment

Uhhh.Im not aware of that bumper material.i had ONE Opel about 20 years ago,and i remember that the bumpers were difficult to straighten..Stainless steel are easy to weld,so that it aint..

Comment

lol stainless is a bitch to cut! killed 4 jigsaw blades cutting out a rear dirtbike fender. 8)

I'm not sure what kind of weather y'all are dealing with, but i doubt i'd be able to get off that race track. & I'm looking foward to more pics.

Comment

Some of the cars that was visiting ST Petersburg in Russia some weeks ago ;D..They had their share of complications..The front wheel bearing on the oldest Mercedes broke in pieces some miles from St Petersburg.The spindle was toast too...What to do..They got in touch with a garage there,and the spindle got fixed in some hours ;D.

3000 miles and some good stories ;D.

Some photos from a ice race here in 8)1970

This is a 69 Charger with hemi,but it was sold new here with a six and 3 speed..

Same owner on this one too.Hemi there too end sold new here with six and 3 speed..

Some Mopars behind a cafe.

62 Imperial imported from Saudi Arabia.

55 Chevy in old style.

Daytona that has been imported from Denmark.440 and automatic.

Superbird with 426 Hemi and 727 originally with bench,but now with buckets and console.Been in Norway since 1985.

41 chrysler 3 window with 392 Hemi and 4 speed.

We can go from this world with style here too..

A drifing scene gone backwards.. ;D

And here too..

Comment

That 55, I want it, same goes for the orange blown Charger and the 41 Chrysler. mmmmmm.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

2 F'N cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          That 55, I want it, same goes for the orange blown Charger and the 41 Chrysler. mmmmmm.
                          that 55 is so bad ass...its perfect.

Comment

I <3 that 55.

I'm torn though, I can't decide if a straight axle would detract from it or not.
                            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

The 55 Chevy has been imported from Texas a couple of years ago.Its an old style car from the sixties..Survivor..

These 3 Cars came by boat today.Direct from Usa ;D.Dont worry about all the cars shipped over here.They are being taken care of 8)

Comment

A lace paint 55 Chevy in the Arctic circle....freaking awesome!

That one ought to trip Freiburger's weird paint fetish. Weird in a good way mind you.

Brian
                                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                                X