Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Rollin in dough, ain'tcha!
    Actually..no..bought the Avalanche cheap..like halft the price they tend to go for over here..changed wheels and tires,and washed it in and out and some other things..looks good now,but it didnt when i bought it..Escalade was also bought kinda cheap..they go for 70 grand over here,but ours where bought for half that.Then we can enjoy them lots of years,and still get the money back when we sell one of them.Bad deal,is to buy a new VW or something,and loose alot the money in short time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Not sure you want a vehicle that says "Avalanche" on it. The weather gods up there might take that as an instruction and deposit on one you.

Hope all are well in Norway!

Dan
      Thanks Dan .No snow yet here,but a young guy lost his life today up at one of the mountains here..nice road there,but under freezed rain made quite the road very slippery..too bad..just 21 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post

Actually..no..bought the Avalanche cheap..like halft the price they tend to go for over here..changed wheels and tires,and washed it in and out and some other things..looks good now,but it didnt when i bought it..Escalade was also bought kinda cheap..they go for 70 grand over here,but ours where bought for half that.Then we can enjoy them lots of years,and still get the money back when we sell one of them.Bad deal,is to buy a new VW or something,and loose alot the money in short time.
        Would it be cheaper to buy one in the States for $15,000 and ship it? It's no different here when buying a new car. It's loses 25% of it's value the day you drive it away from the dealership. Americans like to complain about $4.00/gal gas prices, but in Europe, that truck would cost a pretty penny to fill up.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Would it be cheaper to buy one in the States for $15,000 and ship it? It's no different here when buying a new car. It's loses 25% of it's value the day you drive it away from the dealership. Americans like to complain about $4.00/gal gas prices, but in Europe, that truck would cost a pretty penny to fill up.
          Well,its possible to do that..07 Escalade goes for like 70 grand,but you have to pay 40000 dollars in taxes,and modify the lights to meet the european rules..and then you are up to the price they want here..we bought ours as a van..it has only the front seats,and then it cost like 45000dollars..when it reaches 10 years old,we can mount the rest of the seats..and get the same price or more as we paid.City driving is around 16mpg,and highway 23 in 60mph.

Comment

• OK, now here's a couple of questions:

1) So if an SUV has only front seats it's a van? That seems like a loophole big enough to drive an Escalade thru.

2) If it gets totaled (like, that Avalanche falls on it) will the insurance company pay what you paid for it or will they pay as if it had seats all the way back?

3) Or do you quickly bolt the seats in before the adjuster sees it?

Laws are funny/odd everywhere, I guess.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; November 5, 2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

OK, now here's a couple of questions:

1) So if an SUV has only front seats it's a van? That seems like a loophole big enough to drive an Escalade thru.

2) If it gets totaled (like, that Avalanche falls on it) will the insurance company pay what you paid for it or will they pay as if it had seats all the way back?

3) Or do you quickly bolt the seats in before the adjuster sees it?

Laws are funny/odd everywhere, I guess.

Dan
              1.Yes,but theres a shield behind the seats too..and the vans have green plates.

2.Insurance will pay the price for a 2 seater van registered Escalade.

3.No..then you will get the taxes for the 7 seater thrown at you..like 40 grand.

I could have told so much funny storys about norway and our tax system for cars..its quite a good book seller i think..at one time(till 86),you could also import a sedan as a van,if we took out the rear seat..one guy imported a Rolls Royce..and did this trick..too bad he was caught some months later with the rear seat in its place..cost him 80 thousand dollars in 86!!!.

Funny fact..If you want to buy a new Escalade tomorrow in Norway,it will cost 300000 dollars as a 7 seater.

Comment

• new Escalades are only $80,000 here. But that is $30,000 for a Suburban with a different grille.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Not sure you want a vehicle that says "Avalanche" on it. The weather gods up there might take that as an instruction and deposit on one you.

Hope all are well in Norway!

Dan

I think I'll put Dan into the "doesn't like Avalanche or Escalade" box...lol
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    new Escalades are only $80,000 here. But that is $30,000 for a Suburban with a different grille.
                    If you want to add all the options in the top model Suburban,you are very close to a Escalade in price..and you still havent got the same hp trans and grille ;).That said..i would never have bought a new one of these anyway,but used ones deliver much car for the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think I'll put Dan into the "doesn't like Avalanche or Escalade" box...lol
                      I guess it has something with the typical owners to do..over here they are usually wealthy as heck..or poor hotrodders

Comment

If you want to add all the options in the top model Suburban,you are very close to a Escalade in price..and you still havent got the same hp trans and grille ;).That said..i would never have bought a new one of these anyway,but used ones deliver much car for the money.
                        I've yet to see a 30k Denali, the other GM with the L92.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I havent been here in 4 years,but something happened with my profile here,as i lost my login password..and couldnt get the new one to work..so today i have got a new one,and everything seems to work as before..strange.

Comment

I havent been here in 4 years,but something happened with my profile here,as i lost my login password..and couldnt get the new one to work..so today i have got a new one,and everything seems to work as before..strange.
                            Welcome back!
                            We were talking about you recently wondering where you were and what you were up to!

Comment

• Welcome back! Wishing you and yours a blessed and prosperous New Year!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• SO GOOD to have you back! I have a special fondness for non-North American BSers (along with great fondness for North American BSers but those from off-shore bring a different perspective) so it's great to hear from you. How's your life and your fleet?

The ECTA Land Speed Racing group has new owners and a new facility in the middle of our continent in Blytheville, Arkansas. To find it on the map go to Memphis, Tennessee, jump across the Mississippi river and north about 100 KM and there it is. It would be nice to have a track more toward the East Coast but you race where the pavement is and the track IS in great shape and over 11,000 feet (whatever that is in meters - maybe 3 KM more or less?). If you swim over here in the summer you'll want to come see us.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X