Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Welcome back!
    We were talking about you recently wondering where you were and what you were up to!
    Been on facebook for the most part net wise..also keeping 2 GM suvs on the road,and a house gettin some attention each summer.Life flies if we are having things to do

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      Welcome back! Wishing you and yours a blessed and prosperous New Year!
      Thanks !!.Glad to be back where i belong,and the the same to you and yours .

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        SO GOOD to have you back! I have a special fondness for non-North American BSers (along with great fondness for North American BSers but those from off-shore bring a different perspective) so it's great to hear from you. How's your life and your fleet?

The ECTA Land Speed Racing group has new owners and a new facility in the middle of our continent in Blytheville, Arkansas. To find it on the map go to Memphis, Tennessee, jump across the Mississippi river and north about 100 KM and there it is. It would be nice to have a track more toward the East Coast but you race where the pavement is and the track IS in great shape and over 11,000 feet (whatever that is in meters - maybe 3 KM more or less?). If you swim over here in the summer you'll want to come see us.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Dan
        Thanks DAN .Life is good here,with small bumps now and then..but i guess thats the way it should be .The fleet is currently running good,minus the Chevelle that has been without reg numbers since April 2015 when i did a stunt outside our little city..lost licence for 3 months doing a little burnout,and they(police) took the plates when they found out that it should have been in for inspection in 2011..well well..i had to cycle for 3 months,and got a 400 dollar ticket.But i may have told that before,as i recall.

Also holding 2 newish GM suvs on the road,keep me kinda busy now and then..the Escalade works just fine,but the Avalanche has lots of things going on..i may have gotten to a point where it is all good,but in 2016 i had the front diff rebuilt..in 2017 i had the transfer case all rebuilt..in september 2018 i had the gover lock exploding,plus numerous other things and parts..and it has only 100000 miles on it..

Also the house have got some attention the last summers.

We actually had a very nice vacation in the US this summer..arrived in Chicago 14 june,and drove to Nashville and Memphis..arrived in New Orleans on the 19th,and had ordered tickets for an Eagles concert there on the 20th..then took a plane to LA,and drove highway no 1 to San Francisco,and las vegas..had 5 days in LA..so 3 weeks and 5000 miles.

Comment

• welcome back!
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            welcome back!
            Thanks..will take some time to stroll around her..so much new threads.

Comment

• As everyone else has said good to have you back .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                As everyone else has said good to have you back .
                Thanks .I have been lurking around here though,but not been able to respond.

Comment

• Comment

• Bought a 74 Camaro in August.It has a 79 Trans am rear end with disc brakes and limited slip and 3,73 ratio.Engine is a 383 with Dart heads and a crower mech cam with 520 lift.Also got a upgraded 350 trans,so it doesnt like highway fun speed runs.Koni shocks and Trans am sway bars,so it is quite good in the corners.Wheels may have to go,as i really dont like those.
                    Also may install a rear spoiler..will see.
                    This Camaro was totally restored back in 95-96,and i did alot of work on it then..so when i got the oppurtunity to buy it for 7 grand..i jumped real quick.

I havent done anything to the Chevelle yet..it starts and runs,but it has been standing outside more or less since 2015..so it needs some love.Need to buy new quarter skins,as there are rust holes now where i welded in new steel in 97.

Comment

• Great to hear from you! Hope all is well in your world. The Camaro look great and it's fun to see something running Supertraps - don't see them much anymore. Please keep us informed as you go forward - I miss our European reporter!

Dan

Comment

• He lives! Wondered if the mounties locked him up for burning rubber! Don't be such a stranger!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post

Thanks .I have been lurking around here though,but not been able to respond.
                          I thought I reconized this Name Limey SE from G3GM blazerteam Get that Chevelle Back Going brother

Comment

• It appears your "1974 Camaro" has either been reworked to earlier bumpers and front/rear end, OR it's not a 1974? That looks like an early 70's Camaro to me.

Comment

• 5 mph bumpers up front started in '73, both ends '74. Makes me wonder if European sales were without those bumpers?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                                Great to hear from you! Hope all is well in your world. The Camaro look great and it's fun to see something running Supertraps - don't see them much anymore. Please keep us informed as you go forward - I miss our European reporter!

Dan
                                Thanks Dan!!.All is well over here,and i hope the same for you .Supertrapps will make a comeback..im so sure,as everything does more or less.The Supertrapps where a big visual desing in this build.Notice the rear tail lights,and the distance between the Supertrapps?.

Comment

Working...
                                X