76 Chevelle road racer from the arctic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76 Chevelle road racer from the arctic

Hello carjunkies ;D.I have a 76 chevelle that i got for free 10 years ago.It wasnt worth anything anyway because it was engine and trans less and a lot of rust.so i took the engine and trans out of a rusted out El Camino i had.Its mostly original 350 with performer cam and rpm intake.The trans has a shift,but thats it :.

The rust was taken the first winter and then house and kid came,so the car was just standing there.

Last summer i got it registred and took it up to the local track just to see how a mostly original Chevelle could match other street cars in the area.

The only modifications suspensionwise is widened original rallye wheels.13 inch back and 10 inch front.265x50 and 295x50 tires.Inner structure in the bumpers removed and new seats that are lighter and give good lateral support.

Removed around 250 pounds that way..

Not a good one,but the only track video i got ;D.My passenger trying to filming ;D.

So i maybe driving a not so sought after car and maybee it isnt german or the most pretty one,but i will try to beat them with no fear and more mods in the suspension and more horsepower ...

454 with alu heads in the works..

Re: 76 Chevelle road racer from the arctic

More photos ;D.

And i have this pictures also..

I havent got the nickname Blazerteam for nothing ;D

Comment

Wow, way cool 'velle you got there! Looks like that Blazer sees its share of use too!

Comment

Thanks :D.Well the Blazer isnt here on earth anymore :.It got too bad shape,but it was fun as long as it lasted.Thats the good thing about cars that are rusted.You can really use them ;D.

But i have more of them in the works ;D

Comment

That stuff rules!

Comment

It looks like yer havin FUN, thats all that matters.

Comment

Yeess.Fun its whats its all about ;D.Its a hobby.Nice too bee here by the way.Lot off different styles and folks.Nice

Comment

Very cool to see someone take a nearly two ton muscle car and wring it out on the track.

Comment

Sweet Chevelle. Reminds me of an old friends Laguna S-3. Glad to see you ringing it out. Now all it needs is a NASCAR type paint job.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
                    Very cool to see someone take a nearly two ton muscle car and wring it out on the track.
                    Actually it is 1800 kgs with me inside and full tank of gas ;D.And i have the same track time as most of the Bmw 3 and 5 series with lowered suspension and 17 inch wheels :D.

Track time Arctic circle raceway is 2,02,but i want to go 1,45 :.Then i will beat all the porsches in town and i have a goal to do it with its look as it is ;).

They shall see the teil lights from an old american car,and it wasnt a pretty one either ;D.

But of course i am dreaming of new paint and Nascar have been a major inspiration..

Comment

This one wasnt bad,even as a 4 door 8).

Or maybe as an tribute to old european racers,i should have got this style...

I have this laguna front too,but it is so heavy that i want one in plastic.

Comment

Way cool man!

I really dig the fat steelies. Looks like a lot of fun (especially that pic where you're sideways).

So how close to the Arctic are you? (I'm in Montreal, QC) I found these guys out in Ontario that make fiberglass parts. A word of caution, the prices on their website aren't up to date. Their parts are more race oriented (not too much inner structure) but they do make a fiberglass Laguna nose!

Keep us updated.

Comment

Hey 8).Thanks mach 1.Thats cool.I am 100 kilometers south of the arctic circle.My town is called MO I RANA.Around 25000 citizens here,but we have a large racetrack.3750 meters long.

I crossed the arctic circle last friday and then i took this picture of a truck that had been blown off the road by strong wind.

And the link you gave to the fiberglassparts was good,but i think i will order from http://www.dragglass.com/
                          because they offer a stronger one with inner structure ;)

699 dollars for it and i think i will have a fiberglass hood too ;D.

Actually i have relatives in TORONTO ;D

Comment

Damn! Here I was thinking that you were in North America but you're all the way over in Norway. That's the awesome thing about the internet: carjunkies from all over the world are uniting, haha.

We bitch about bad weather here, judging by that last pic I'd say you guys have it worse :P

I've seen that fiberglass website too, they seem to make quality parts. I would like to get a hood for my '71 Monte from them.

By the way, that's an awesome track: the landscape/scenery is beautiful.

Comment

;D.Norway here ;D.Actally the picture of the truck is taken on saltfjellet.its a mountain we must over at 700 meter over ocean,so it can be bad there sometimes :.

But not as bad as this ;D.

This is a photo of my town a week ago.Took the picture from inside the house.

A friend of mine has this cuda with a 340 8)

Another has this Ford capri with turbocharged 2,9 Cosworth.

Arctic Circle Raceway ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X