Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirrel
    replied
    just for that, I'm going to post some pics of the underside of this old Dart.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Having spent much of my life in the ice belt I can tell you that there are times when following the salt truck seems like a much better idea than being in front of it. MI mostly used rock salt and I hated the sound of the chunks bouncing off the car. OUCH! You just KNOW what that's doing to the ride but right now you're stuck to the road. I love Coastal NC!

Dan
    Media blasting with rock salt....yes, that's just what the cars needs.

I guess some cars are just meant to be disposable, as in the case of my wife's car.

Jim, sorry to take your thread in this direction....

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Having spent much of my life in the ice belt I can tell you that there are times when following the salt truck seems like a much better idea than being in front of it. MI mostly used rock salt and I hated the sound of the chunks bouncing off the car. OUCH! You just KNOW what that's doing to the ride but right now you're stuck to the road. I love Coastal NC!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
    About five years ago she closely followed a brine truck home from PWs neighborhood. Three hour drive in freshly sprayed / spread ice melting salt solution.
    Why ain't I surprised?..

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Help it along, add salt to the wash water

About five years ago she closely followed a brine truck home from PWs neighborhood. Three hour drive in freshly sprayed / spread ice melting salt solution.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
    I've been trying to for several years but my efforts have failed. It has been getting attention recently and I've noticed it has the cancer. This will be the last time this car gets my attention. After this I will claim the car "unsafe at any speed". ....blame Stiney for that one....
    Help it along, add salt to the wash water

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    I've been trying to for several years but my efforts have failed. It has been getting attention recently and I've noticed it has the cancer. This will be the last time this car gets my attention. After this I will claim the car "unsafe at any speed". ....blame Stiney for that one....

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    you're supposed to get rid of them when they get old enough to need work.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    Today she drove her Miata. I get to work on that one, too.
    My crown of thorns is a '92 Protégé. I never minded working on the Miatas, plenty of room for big ass under the hood, not so much behind the wheel. My left knee and the steering wheel always fought of the same real-estate...made it difficult to shift gears.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Today she drove her Miata. I get to work on that one, too.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post

...but it's still here, and I still get to work on it...

I know that feeling all too well, except my wife's car isn't that old or American.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Next year's dragweek car?

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    old thread....old car...but it's still here, and I still get to work on it. I found a new gas gauge sender, and fixed that problem. Now the driver door striker is getting bad, so I'm going to fix that.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Well, as long you didn't get into a shootout with the Clantons in Tombstone everything else is minor.

My Caprice's goofy sender sticks. It works vertically around the pickup tube. The whole thing is inside what looks like a beer can.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I haven't fixed much on this thing lately....I did replace the battery, though. It was 7 years old (walmart special), still working ok but making me nervous. I bought an old gas powered golf cart for $200 a few weeks ago, and it needed a new battery (electric start), and it used the same size the Dart had in it, so I got Janet a new battery, and put the old on in the cart. It's been working fine.

We drove the Dart to Tombstone for a show last weekend, then into town to get some groceries. It was showing about 1/3 tank on teh gas gage, but Janet noticed it didn't move at all on the trip, and it should have dropped down to 1/4 where it always sticks. So we were'nt too sure how much gas it had, but I figured we'd gone less than 200 miles, so we'd be ok. We made it home, no problem. That was Saturday. Yesterday I was going to drive it into town to run some errands, and it wouldn't start. Acts like it's out of gas! I guess that's the next thing I need to fix.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X