X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bamfster's Project "YUKON JACK"...

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    yeah with auto 4wd the front driveshaft is always spinning
    It's not auto 4x4 Spidey, I still have to put it in 4 hi when I want 4x4. It does have the push buttons on the dash, Am I missing something with this?

If it is turning all the time, would it be a good idea to add one of those cable conversions for engaging/disengaging the transfer case?
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Look what showed up today .....

Comment

Ooh, a black box. Do you cut the Red wire or the Blue wire? ;D

Originally posted by Bamfster
        Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        yeah with auto 4wd the front driveshaft is always spinning
        It's not auto 4x4 Spidey, I still have to put it in 4 hi when I want 4x4. It does have the push buttons on the dash, Am I missing something with this?

If it is turning all the time, would it be a good idea to add one of those cable conversions for engaging/disengaging the transfer case?
        Are the hubs auto hubs or are they locked in all the time? I'm betting they are locked in all the time and the front shaft spins off the wheels when the transfercase is disengaged. Usually auto hubs still have a switch on them for "Auto" and "Locked" incase the auto part goes out. I know our Ford's at work do.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Well .... if you subscribe the Riggs and Murtaugh school of thought ..... RED!

To be honest, I don't know if they are auto or always locked. I need to go look around over at FullSizeChevy.com.

Comment

my tahoe has i guess what you would call full time hubs as the front 1/2 shaft goes through the bearing like a front wheel drive so they are ingaged full time ;D every 4x4 I have seen from chevy with independent front is this set up
            the front dif has a slider that ingages it and the en the transfer case mine beign a 95 still has a lever no encoder motor

Comment

That makes sense ... that partially explains the 12.5 mpg....

Comment

So after another four tanks with the Blackbear tune, mileage didn't improve ..... 11.8 mpg average, combined city, highway and mountain driving.

Throttle response is a lot crisper, and there is a definite seat of the pants feel with BB tune. I haven't been able to locate my G-Tech so no simulated 1/4 mile ETs yet.

I had a credit at Rockauto so I decided to get new shocks for the Yukon with it. I settled on the KYB GR-2s. Bolted those on yesterday and adjusted the front torsion bars. 1/2 of a turn each gave the front end about a 1/4" of lift and it sits closer to level now.....and WOW! What a difference the new shocks made. It drives and handles curves and turns 110% better now, body roll that it had just changing lanes is gone ... Score!

Next stop .... Cherry Bomb's catalog ....

Comment

Working...
                X