X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 mustang LX 5.0 5spd.......finally

i finally got the car i wanted ;D

an 87-93 5.0 5spd mustang.

this is an 89 LX 5.0 with a 306 that has been converted to a carb with an edelbrock performer rpm intake, holley 670cfm carb, walbro 255lhp fuel pump and holley fuel pressure reg. its also got an msd billet distributor and msd ignition box on it.

the only things wrong with the car when i bought it was that the stock drivers side seat bracket was broken and the front fascia has a crack in the bottom.

i swapped the seats from my 86GT into this car to fix the seat problem and ill probably just leave the front bumper alone for now.

i also swapped the pony wheels from my 86GT onto this because i didnt really like the fake draglites that were on it.

this car is here to stay like the monte and id like to pick up a set of GT40 heads and a cam for it over the winter to install in the spring.

and i got all this for $1400 ;D

ill get some better pics when i find my camera charger but for now here are some cell phone pics.

driving it home from lewiston to milford

at the house

with the pony wheels

Re: 1989 mustang LX 5.0 5spd.......finally

Schhhhhhweeeeeet!!

I always liked the aero body style in the LX configuration. Less gingerbread, really clean style.

Comment

I'm still waiting for my Fox-notch to fall from the sky. :

Comment

NICE!!!!!!!

Now DONT sell it! ;)

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Lookin good. I'd ditch the wing myself, but good call on the ponys.
          Good luck with the trade... : :

Comment

Originally posted by 88pony
            Lookin good. I'd ditch the wing myself, but good call on the ponys.
            Good luck with the trade... : :
            when i first got the car i was gonna change the wing to the one on my 86 GT but the more i look at the saleen wing the more i like it :P

Comment

The LX wing uses about a dozen bolts. I wouldn't reccomend swapping. DRIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                NICE!!!!!!!

Now DONT sell it! ;)

Seth
                im not haha

Originally posted by 88pony
                The LX wing uses about a dozen bolts. I wouldn't reccomend swapping. DRIVE IT!
                im not gonna swap it, ive driven it so much that i ran out of money and gas! :D

Comment

Nice find!! Just curious.. Does this or your other car have a short throw in it?
                  Looking for feedback on the aftermarket short throw shifters (pro 5.0,steeda, hurst, etc.)
                  Just wondering if you have one and if you like it or hate it or have had one and loved it or hated it.

Thanks
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony
                    Nice find!! Just curious.. Does this or your other car have a short throw in it?
                    Looking for feedback on the aftermarket short throw shifters (pro 5.0,steeda, hurst, etc.)
                    Just wondering if you have one and if you like it or hate it or have had one and loved it or hated it.

Thanks
                    none of my foxes have ever had short throw shifters, they have threads about this all the time over on corral.net though

Comment

if it'll ever stop raining : ill replace the header gaskets(one leaks), clean the interior a bit and switch some more parts from my 86 over to this one, like the aluminum driveshaft, the valve covers and some other little things.

ill get some good pics of the whole car once i find my camera charger though :D

Comment

I had a 85, 5.0 5 speed LX years ago that I sorely miss. My brother still has his 89 5.0 LX. It's been sitting for over 10 years. He has GT40 heads, intake and a Vortex 'charger on it along with 1.7 rockers, shorties and exhaust system with 3.27's out back. What a blast that was to drive on the street.

What are your plans? Nice car ;D
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
                          I had a 85, 5.0 5 speed LX years ago that I sorely miss. My brother still has his 89 5.0 LX. It's been sitting for over 10 years. He has GT40 heads, intake and a Vortex 'charger on it along with 1.7 rockers, shorties and exhaust system with 3.27's out back. What a blast that was to drive on the street.

What are your plans? Nice car ;D
                          i wanna put GT40 heads and a cam in it, lighten it up a bit, and hopefully get it to run mid-12's

oh, and put 3.73's or 4.10's in it

Comment

Comment

nice car, even better deal... that a 4k car here and this is the cheap part of th ecountry...

make a great driver.
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                              X