• Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    Like like like

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    SWEEET! What kind of fuel pump did you run - just a newer EFI stocker? When I EFI the falcon - I need to figure out a pump.

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    I have a bunch of little stuff to button up. Mostly fit and finish

We had a dead short so it's a quickie.
    Last edited by 1trickpony; November 11, 2012, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    Cranked the car over, fixed fuel leak. Chased a few issues all operator issues. Tried to start it, have spark. The injectors aren't working right. We have Power to them they just aren't grounding through the ecu. So we have to figure that out. So close.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I think IA must use AC ...law or something.... I damn near passed out from the humidity!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I see what you did there... lol. Yeah, down here, it's only necessary if you want to actually enjoy the car between April and November.

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    I was told a/c was a must. It had everything so why not. Plus I heard that's what the "cool" kids are doing these days

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    a/c? You have the hard part done.

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    Man we are getting close. Fuel lines ran, pump is in, need to cut an acces hole in the trunk for pump removal. Intake is on, pass side harness is done, only about 6 wires left, need to make a fuel pump harness to get power. Fluids battery belt. Vroom?

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    May? Really! Good god I need to get going on this.
    Yesterday night I switched driverside headers because the one I had on there wouldn't work with my off road h pipe. I got it swapped out and the h pipe mocked up. Going to wait for the muffler shop to do the final adjustments. I still need to add a couple chunks to it for the hangers to work.
    Today I have been working on the back seat some more. I made 2 L brackets that should be overkill for what I need but with a 1 year old back there, overkill isn't a bad thing. Going to keep mocking it all up until dad gets off of work and then we are building a loft in his shop. Also waiting for the a/c guy to show up.
    Dads shop will be air conditioned!! Ha ha we are Pansies.
    That is all for now

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    Here is my Junkyard front valance. So far I am in it for $5.
    I took this link and thought it would work...

From initial mock up I knew it was too big. The ranger valance was bigger than my 84 bumper. So I cut the sides that wrap around and it looks like it will work. This is just mock up, but it looks like if i get it centered and trim a little more it will look pretty good. I plan on adding a reinforcement strip to the lower center section of the front valance.
    Here is a crappy cell phone pic for visual reference.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	027.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	861870

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    Ok, Ok, so I over reacted. The Bud Light wasn't ice cold. Just a brisk 33'.
    On to the progress....
    I had to do a lot of trimming on the headlight buckets to get the new H4 headlights to fit.

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	861800
    All in all it looks really good.
    Now just waiting to get new turn signals installed and the bumper can be installed for good.

Name:	016.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	861802
    The back seat went in pretty easy. This is just mock up, nothing is glued or tight yet.

Name:	019.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	861801
    I will get better pictures tonight.
    I pretty much followed the steps from the other thread and it went pretty smooth.

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    Ever have a day where it would be more effective to take a $100 bill out of your pocket and light it on fire? So far that's how today has gone. Junkyard trip=fail. Bumper mounted=fail. Headlights mounted, but hid conversion=$80 fail. And now to the seats=kinda a win but need four hands=fail.
    I have parts for this car strung out every where with no forward progress.

Oh look,a case of ice cold bud light = win.

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    This weekend's plans are as follows...
    Get up early Saturday and go to the junkyard, pull a few items I want. Also try to figure out the ranger front valance idea I have.
    Then I want to get my headlights in the bumper and bumper mounted.
    Either start on the ranger front valance or start on the seats. Would like to get both done or both started but I know thats probably wont happen.

My dad is going to be out of town so the wiring might be taking a back seat. But all of this needs to be done before It gets back on the road.

Stay tuned.....

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    Good news, bad news. Bad news is, I need to order a new tank. The fuel pump will w0ork in the old tank, but there is no level sender boss in the tank. Although we thought about just running it without a gauge for a year, we decided that while the fuel tank is out, we might as well spend the money on a new "right" tank. Its been said that 87 + mustang senders won't work with the older ones. So we got a solution. The old sender is the same gasket size as the neew one. So, we are going to "tweak" the 84 sender to work in the new tank.

Good news...
    Gas tank is out, we have a plan in motion to get it finished. Started working on exhaust, have a plan to get it ready for install. Started working on wiring. So far we have the TFI wires lengthened, soldered, and wrapped. Also, Started figuring out what is what and have started splicing them in. Although the amount of wires, (2 wire harnesses unwrapped) is a lot to take in. We are making headway that is for sure.

Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X