No announcement yet.

1trickpony--1984 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Febreeze is really awesome stuff. Well worth the price of a bottle, I promise you won't be disappointed. I've "saved" many a mousey interior with it.....no way yours is worse than some of them!
    Last edited by STINEY; April 15, 2011, 11:30 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I plan on vacuuming up the baking soda then some resolve carpet cleaner you sprinkle on. Scrub that all in and then vacuum. I do have some febreeze I will probably use that as well. Hopefully by the end of the day, it will be smelling good.
      Jeff
      Follow My Build

Comment

Pull the seats, that way you can easily get everything.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Remember to spray into the heater /ac system to get rid of cigar/cigarette smoke. The smoke gets circulated thru them.
          Nick

Comment

I think I got rid of the smell. I need to spend some time with the vacuum when its nice out and not raining. (read: My one stall garage is not big enough to get both doors open)

I plan on hitting it with Febreeze tonight and should be all squared away.
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

Is there some way to subscribe with out posting? I like the 4 eye foxes you don't see them on the road much anymore
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Russell, If you haven't posted in the thread at the top of the post, there is a drop down that says thread tools. In there is a subscribe button.
                Jeff
                Follow My Build

Comment

I am real happy with the exhaust shop, they did a great job fixing my passenger side muffler and tailpipe. I really can't believe how much quieter it is with both tailpipes exiting behind the bumper.

I had them check my timing and they said I was spot on. When I talked to the mechanic I explained to him about switching carbs and messing around with the vacuum hoses. He thought that it was way advanced by the way it started. When it is warm, it just seems like the battery is dead and then pops off.(turns real slow then starts)

He said he adjusted idle mixture screw all the way in and idled fine. He thinks something else is going on(power valve or something)

I really don't know much about carburetors( other than simple snowmobile carbs) but have this weird feeling I am going to get to know them real well.

On a side note I might be getting rid of my truck and picking up a 79 I6 mustang. Looking for a DD and thought why not another mustang???
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

Why don't you dd the mustang you have? I would be surprised if an I6 got that much better milage than a good running 5.0. Some times its nice to have a truck. But I am all for adding to the fleet!

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

200 cid v. 302 cid. With the right gearing, it will do better mpg. With 7 main bearings - can you hear it screaming TURBO! I NEED ONE. I saw one the other day and got excited, but they wanted too much for it. I still have some sick love for the sound of a split manifold true dual inline six cylinder with long tubes and glass packs. It's a disease I think. Most folks hate it, I get off on it.

The other problem with the inline six cars is different K-member so if you get rambunctious and want a SBF back, you have to change that too. The 200 head blows chunks unless it's an aussie cross flow, but that's what a hairdryer is for.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I don't drive this one every day. Roughly every other day. But now that we have snow back on the ground it will get parked for a couple more days.

On the I6, I am sure it will get the same mpg+/- compared to a 5.0 or my pickup. I can do everything I want with our Trailblazer.

And yes beagle, you read my mind. It popped up in my search, and immediately thought of running the turbo setup off of a 2.3t. Just for added fun factor.

We will see if I get my POS truck sold first
                        Last edited by 1trickpony; April 19, 2011, 04:06 PM.
                        Jeff
                        Follow My Build

Comment

I forgot about the snow. There only a few weeks a year that are not good mustang weather here in NC. The I6 is cool b/c its diffrent but for cheap fast fun i would stick with the 5.0 HO! I would rather have a turbo v8 over an i6 unless we are talking diesels. Next week I will be dd my 89 mustang or SC if I get it finished, legal and trust it to take me to work both are stick shifts so I am looking foward to it.

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            I still have some sick love for the sound of a split manifold true dual inline six cylinder with long tubes and glass packs. It's a disease I think. Most folks hate it, I get off on it.
                            2-4 split, or 3-3 split? I've got a undeniable urge to do this to our 72 Nova with the 250, it needs exhaust anyways....
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              I forgot about the snow. There only a few weeks a year that are not good mustang weather here in NC. The I6 is cool b/c its diffrent but for cheap fast fun i would stick with the 5.0 HO! I would rather have a turbo v8 over an i6 unless we are talking diesels. Next week I will be dd my 89 mustang or SC if I get it finished, legal and trust it to take me to work both are stick shifts so I am looking foward to it.
                              I have been looking for something "fun" to DD. The 5.0 seem to be a little bit high for what I want to spend intially. This just popped up for cheap and looks to be all original. I don't drive very far to work, but as the truck sits I just don't trust it out of town. I want something I can get in no matter the weather and go to minneapolis or des moines with and not have to take my wifes truck. Its mostly a pipe dream for now unless my truck sells before this 79 is gone.
                              I invision it lowered, sporting a Cherry bomb, no hubcaps, with smoked windows, and a repaint(got something up my sleve for that)
                              Last edited by 1trickpony; May 2, 2011, 11:10 AM.
                              Jeff
                              Follow My Build

Comment

Had a lot of slop in my transmission after a spirited shift. I started assessing the damage and found out it was a lot cheaper than I thought. Turns out the 2 bolts were stripped. After a trip to the hardware store, its fixed.

Still having issues with re-start when the car is warm. Going to replace the solenoid and see if that helps.

I have a guy coming to get the truck today, and I have my eye on a 87 Turbocoupe.
                                Damn you Bob and Jeremy
                                Jeff
                                Follow My Build

Comment

Working...
                                X