No announcement yet.

1trickpony--1984 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That a good looking little man! I am going to do a body swap soon I have a 87 coupe that was a four cylinder then switched to a carb v8. Now its a roller I want to put everything from my 89 in it. Any susgestions? Tips? Lessons learned.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• If you can have them side by side. My donor car or cars were not close. Manuals. Get the good ford manuals. I have the 88 and I believe 89 I can scan and mail you. Take pictures take notes whatever you can to make it easier on yourself. All in all it's pretty straight forward. Get rid of the 4 cyl wiring and replace with the v8 wiring. In your case you shouldn't have any cutting. Good luck and post your progress.
      Jeff
      Follow My Build

Comment

• Oh yea. You can't enjoy the car while its collecting dust. Meaning get out there and work on it until it's done. They are more enjoyable if you can drive them.
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

• If you plugged the line that went to the charcoal canister, you no longer have a vent. Unplug it and see what happens.
          I'm still learning

Comment

• They both have a thick layer of dust on them so I know all about not enjoying them. I am dragging out my shop improvement projects so they can be side by side kind of. There is a load bearing wall between them but they will be in the same building. I hope to work on it Saturday.

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Its Been quite awhile since I have updated but not much has changed. Basically been driving the car and enjoying it. Dad and I followed along on drag week a couple days without problems and had a blast.

​Making plans for 2016: So far the plan is to follow the Rocky Mountain Race Week and visit with my sister out in Denver.
              So its time for some upgrades. I purchased some new composite brake pads to see if that will help. Also plan freshening up the interior a little before the trip. Also I bought some wheels that I have wanted for a while. For $100 I couldn't pass them up.

A lot of little things that I want to do before July and so little time.
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

• Are those the +05 bullit wheels? Those look really good on a Fox, especially a 4 eye.

I was parked a spot or two over from your car at Gateway on Friday of Drag Week. I was wondering why it looked familiar.

Comment

• Good looking 4-eye with TT to boot. I can never find anything at a REASONABLE price. Around here everyone wants your first born plus cash for a trashed roller. Congrats on a great find.
                  CHECK US OUT AT:
                  www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post
                    Good looking 4-eye with TT to boot. I can never find anything at a REASONABLE price. Around here everyone wants your first born plus cash for a trashed roller. Congrats on a great find.
                    I have a couple trashed rollers that will be for sell soon, no TT though.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

I have a couple trashed rollers that will be for sell soon, no TT though.

Around me people are asking on average $2500 for a roller with no interior no glass mismatched wheels no dog house and severely "vented" quarters. It just boggles my mind how people think a run of the mill fox literally needing everything, if not a trip to the scrap yard, will sell for anything close to that price. Most are not even salvageable as they look like they have sat outside as parts cars for most of their life.
                      CHECK US OUT AT:
                      www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Dang! My convert (a nice car) just went UP in price!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post

Around me people are asking on average $2500 for a roller with no interior no glass mismatched wheels no dog house and severely "vented" quarters. It just boggles my mind how people think a run of the mill fox literally needing everything, if not a trip to the scrap yard, will sell for anything close to that price. Most are not even salvageable as they look like they have sat outside as parts cars for most of their life.
                          I thought I would list mine for a $1000 once I get all the parts I want off. I would say mine are a little better than what you are seeing. You can some times find ragged out runners around here for 2500.

Dan, you should get the stang out and take it to Mustang Week track night at Darlington, might sale.
                          Last edited by Russell; February 19, 2016, 07:47 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

• I'm need to fire the old boy up soonish. I need to paint Truck and I'll need a driver for a few weeks and HEY, it's sitting right there.

Dan

Comment

• If your up for a trip The Mustang Club of America is having a huge mustang show at Indianapolis Motor Speedway at the beginning of Sept.
                              CHECK US OUT AT:
                              www.ridetech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X