Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1trickpony--1984 Mustang

These are from the ad one craigslist..

This Is what I saw when I went to go look at the car.

Overall it drove great. I was told it has been sitting for 2 years. The battery was shot. We pushed started it and it popped right off.  To my surprise lots of smoke, but in a good way.  Seafoam smoke. So I took the car out on the road and it drove real well. I came back and started looking the car over really well.
    I noticed it has been repainted, and not very well. But it is ok for now. A little scrape from a fender bender in a parking lot. Overall a GREAT CAR!!!
    It has T-tops, a/c, Power windows, Power Locks, 5 speed and 5.0
    Overall I wasn't all I wasn't looking for a t-top car again but it kind of found me.. I made an offer and he liked it through in some parts with it and now its in my garage ;D
    Last edited by 1trickpony; June 19, 2012, 08:47 PM.
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Re: 1trickpony--1984 Mustang

I'm liking it. I wish I had T T's... ;D

Comment

Now for the fun part:
      I did a quick decode of the vin and door tag and came up with this:
      USA Pass car active seatbelts
      3 door hatchback
      v8 302-4v(4 barrel)
      1984 model year
      Dearborn
      8Q-Light Desert Tan ---REALLY!!!????
      Hatchback
      Tan vinyl and cloth
      Tape/gt decals for light desert paint
      am/fm tape deck
      T-TOPS
      3:08 Trac Loc
      5 Speed t-5

Now this got me really excited( to those who say thats just a tan hatch back mustang hold on its coming)
      So I dug deeper:
      26,658 Hatchback GT's made in 1984 of these there were
      519 lx5.0 and 12 Gt with paint code 8Q
      Now right now I am jumping up and down that I have a lx and its a low number car right?
      WRONG!!! I Go back out to the garage and look at the buck tag and I cant find it cant find it and all of a sudden there it is
      Now where does it say?
      OMG it says GT does that mean I have 1 of 12 Light desert tan 1984 mustang gt?
      Now This has t-tops also so I think that number is naturally lower but i cant find that information anywhere but here is the link I found with some info on paint codes and model years
      Its hard to decifer but I believe its 1 of 12

Now I am going to go for a walk to settle down more pics tomorrow I PROMISE!!!
      Jeff
      Follow My Build

Comment

try this.... http://www.mustanggt.org/year.htm

Comment

Ok SO I jumped the gun a little but with these mustangs there isn't enough data and what data there is conflicts what the other guy just said

Its looking like 1 of 519
          But On a brighter note it does have T-tops, A/C, Power Locks, Power Windows. So I would say its very well optioned.
          Anyway I didn't buy this car to restore to factory specs.. Otherwise I am sure my account on bangshift would be closed by admin.
          Plans For Tomorrow are A Good Wash. Start looking into the door locks and power windows and pieceing the interior back together.
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

Win! I like it!

For parts and gobs of 4 eye info go here:

The Early Fox Site: Mustang, Capri, Fairmont, Zephyr, SVO, Cougar, Thunderbird, LTD, Mark VII,
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Here's my '86 T-top from when I drug it home.

Build thread.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=7506.0

Keep us updated on yours. Lots of pictures please.... ;D
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I got the car all cleaned up and back in the garage. Went to get plates. Stopped at the parts store. Was going to go top the tank of with some fresh gas but we are getting snow and freezing ice so in true Iowa form, the DOT is dumping  a liquid salt mixture on the road. So I guess I can wait. Anywho here are a couple more pics.

All in all its pretty clean. Really happy with underneath. Its the cleanest foxbody I have had yet so I am happy ;D
                I think I can buff the scrape out and I might just touch up the area. I Really don't have a repaint in mind right now.
                As far as the interior goes. I need to order 3 switches and piece together the ds power window. Cd player needs rewired. Then I need to replace the the heater control switches and I believe I should be 100% driving condition. 
                My Idea is to have a driver for now and be able to piece together the interior this winter. Then start collecting parts for the motor than next winter hopefully paint. HOPEFULLY... LIFE COMES FIRST as all of you know and as I type this I am suppose to be looking for tickets to Vegas.  It was part of the deal with my wife. WIN/WIN???
                Jeff
                Follow My Build

Comment

Very nice..... still has the quad shocks so you know it hasn't been too hacked on.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Yes I do know they will go but I am going more the "Touring" Route and this is My first real ever build so looking for advice there.
                    Jeff
                    Follow My Build

Comment

which side of the state are ya on? My oldest boy wanted me to go look at a CL mustang with him, but we couldnt get our schedules to line up.....
                      Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony
                        Yes I do know they will go but I am going more the "Touring" Route and this is My first real ever build so looking for advice there.
                        ive never used any of there stuff, but ive heard nothing but good things about these guys

Comment

North on I 35 right by mason city. Clear lake is the last place Buddy Holly Played (the surf). Let me know I might be able to go look at something for you if you need me to.

Mustang update: Had alot of ice yesterday and my sister from had to crash at my house so I didn't get much done. I have to work today thru monday so might not get much done. Might have a line on some new to me seats, and another t-5 just to have.

But my daily driver is getting really tired and I might need to address that before I start spending a lot of money on this.
                          Jeff
                          Follow My Build

Comment

Nice find!

;D

Comment

This should be fun. I really like the four eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X