No announcement yet.

1trickpony--1984 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend's plans are as follows...
    Get up early Saturday and go to the junkyard, pull a few items I want. Also try to figure out the ranger front valance idea I have.
    Then I want to get my headlights in the bumper and bumper mounted.
    Either start on the ranger front valance or start on the seats. Would like to get both done or both started but I know thats probably wont happen.

My dad is going to be out of town so the wiring might be taking a back seat. But all of this needs to be done before It gets back on the road.

Stay tuned.....
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Comment

• Ever have a day where it would be more effective to take a $100 bill out of your pocket and light it on fire? So far that's how today has gone. Junkyard trip=fail. Bumper mounted=fail. Headlights mounted, but hid conversion=$80 fail. And now to the seats=kinda a win but need four hands=fail.
      I have parts for this car strung out every where with no forward progress.

Oh look,a case of ice cold bud light = win.
      Jeff
      Follow My Build

Comment

• Ok, Ok, so I over reacted. The Bud Light wasn't ice cold. Just a brisk 33'.
        On to the progress....
        I had to do a lot of trimming on the headlight buckets to get the new H4 headlights to fit.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	861800
        All in all it looks really good.
        Now just waiting to get new turn signals installed and the bumper can be installed for good.

Name:	016.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	861802
        The back seat went in pretty easy. This is just mock up, nothing is glued or tight yet.

Name:	019.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	861801
        I will get better pictures tonight.
        I pretty much followed the steps from the other thread and it went pretty smooth.
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

• Here is my Junkyard front valance. So far I am in it for $5.
          I took this link and thought it would work...

From initial mock up I knew it was too big. The ranger valance was bigger than my 84 bumper. So I cut the sides that wrap around and it looks like it will work. This is just mock up, but it looks like if i get it centered and trim a little more it will look pretty good. I plan on adding a reinforcement strip to the lower center section of the front valance.
          Here is a crappy cell phone pic for visual reference.

Name:	027.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	861870
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

• May? Really! Good god I need to get going on this.
            Yesterday night I switched driverside headers because the one I had on there wouldn't work with my off road h pipe. I got it swapped out and the h pipe mocked up. Going to wait for the muffler shop to do the final adjustments. I still need to add a couple chunks to it for the hangers to work.
            Today I have been working on the back seat some more. I made 2 L brackets that should be overkill for what I need but with a 1 year old back there, overkill isn't a bad thing. Going to keep mocking it all up until dad gets off of work and then we are building a loft in his shop. Also waiting for the a/c guy to show up.
            Dads shop will be air conditioned!! Ha ha we are Pansies.
            That is all for now
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

• Man we are getting close. Fuel lines ran, pump is in, need to cut an acces hole in the trunk for pump removal. Intake is on, pass side harness is done, only about 6 wires left, need to make a fuel pump harness to get power. Fluids battery belt. Vroom?

Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

• a/c? You have the hard part done.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I was told a/c was a must. It had everything so why not. Plus I heard that's what the "cool" kids are doing these days
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

• I see what you did there... lol. Yeah, down here, it's only necessary if you want to actually enjoy the car between April and November.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I think IA must use AC ...law or something.... I damn near passed out from the humidity!

Comment

• Cranked the car over, fixed fuel leak. Chased a few issues all operator issues. Tried to start it, have spark. The injectors aren't working right. We have Power to them they just aren't grounding through the ecu. So we have to figure that out. So close.
                        Jeff
                        Follow My Build

Comment

• I have a bunch of little stuff to button up. Mostly fit and finish

We had a dead short so it's a quickie.
                          Last edited by 1trickpony; November 11, 2012, 05:15 PM.
                          Jeff
                          Follow My Build

Comment

• SWEEET! What kind of fuel pump did you run - just a newer EFI stocker? When I EFI the falcon - I need to figure out a pump.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Like like like
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• I ended up running a stock replacement pump for an '88 mustang. I wont need anything more than that for the time being. I did make an acces cover so I don't have to drop the tank to replace the pump. I ordered a new tank for an '88 and used my stock '84 fuel level sender just modified to work. Something about the newer ones are different ohm's.
                                My Dad's friend who did most of the wiring has done a couple of these efi motors in Falcon's and Fairlanes and he has cut the fuel pump hole out of the top of the tank and retro fits it in the stock Falcon tank. Said it works well.
                                I have came to the conclusion that I am just going to get this on the road and not go crazy on it. I would like to find a First gen mustang and let the creative juices flow.
                                Milner,BBR,Russell-- The clutch saftey switch on the actual clutch pedal (lack of better terms) on mine got really mangled up. And as of right now I have it bypassed so we could start it. I think I can remount the old one but I have absolutly no idea how to re-mount it. I think it would be next to impossible to get a picture of how its mounted. Do they have a cotter key holding them on the peg?
                                Last edited by 1trickpony; November 12, 2012, 11:49 AM.
                                Jeff
                                Follow My Build

Comment

Working...
                                X