No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dropped several hundred dollars getting a licensed guy to add an outlet ... I'd try a 50a extension cord.

I like the single idea on the turbos. Twins are double every little thing that adds up to a fortune PITA. Sure look cool though.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Are you looking at the Siemens Deka injectors? Why not go straight for 80's? They're usually the same price or only marginally more.
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

• Originally posted by milkovich View Post
        Are you looking at the Siemens Deka injectors? Why not go straight for 80's? They're usually the same price or only marginally more.
        I already had the Seimens 60's. I'll use the 60's for starters and then move my way up to the bigger setup once I get things dialed in.

It's gonna be interesting getting this thing tuned. I'll have to do almost all the WOT tuning on a dyno. Too bad I can't get out at our old retired AFB. They've got runway long enough for me to max it out a couple times lol!
        2000 Firebird
        ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

• Pontiac domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            how do we say this.... oh yeah, what she doesn't know won't hurt you.
            Haha well she'll see that big black cord running from the utility room, through the hallway and out the open door to the garage. That'll tick her off perfectly lol!

Had to order a larger fuel rail (Aeromotive) to make sure I had enough delivery at the 600whp+ mark. That's where the stock one runs out of talent. Sent that to the shop that is fabbing my intake manifold up so we can be sure it clears with the injectors installed.

There's a couple other cylinder heads before mine, so nothing else for progress.

Haven't nailed down a specific turbo yet, will wait until after the top end/cam package is done and paid for.
            Last edited by WarShrike; May 2, 2013, 05:40 PM.
            2000 Firebird

Comment

• Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
              Haha well she'll see that big black cord running from the utility room, through the hallway and out the open door to the garage. That'll tick her off perfectly lol!

Had to order a larger fuel rail (Aeromotive) to make sure I had enough delivery at the 600whp+ mark. That's where the stock one runs out of talent. Sent that to the shop that is fabbing my intake manifold up so we can be sure it clears with the injectors installed.

There's a couple other cylinder heads before mine, so nothing else for progress.

Haven't nailed down a specific turbo yet, will wait until after the top end/cam package is done and paid for.
              then do the age old "look how much money I'm saving you" line. Get a quote from an electrician to run 220v to the garage, the show her the cost of an extension cord
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                then do the age old "look how much money I'm saving you" line. Get a quote from an electrician to run 220v to the garage, the show her the cost of an extension cord
                Raid the 220 circuit for the garage, then go "gee Hunnny bunny, I don't know why your dryer doesn't work" and call the electrician to "fix it." It's important that you "make sure he knows what he is doing" so you can tell him he won't get paid if she finds out why the dryer didn't work.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Picked up my roller rockers that I won off pacefabricating's e-bay auction. They're purrdy.

While painting some wood stuff in the garage, I sticker-bombed my tool chest. I felt like I was in elementary school again.

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Got the BLS projectors finished after some fine tuning and me fixing one of my screwups. My camera doesn't know WTF to do in auto with the lights like this, and I didn't have time to fart around with the settings...

2000 Firebird

Comment

• I stickerbomb my toolboxes - call them the fastest toolboxes in the west

Comment

• ^:lol:

While waiting on other things, I replaced a few items. Both the ICM and coils were looking worse for wear and the car had started to stumble a bit after idling in the heat. Figured with my next step in the build, I'd just eliminate that issue right now with new ignition equipment.

Installed a new ICM and GTP/SSEI coils. The SSEI coils are ACDELCO Part # D576.

Also replaced my aging O2 sensors with some Denso units as I started getting a code thrown for inefficiency issues. Come to find out, my band clamps had worked loose a little and was letting air into the stream. Will have to make a note to myself to tighten them during each oil change interval.

Took it for a drive, but couldn't get spirited as there were literally police everywhere I looked! I can sense a bit smoother increase in the revs, but we'll see when I take it for a drive tomorrow and will do some tuning/datalogging on top of that.
                        2000 Firebird

Comment

• I just ran into this. I replaced the O2 sensors on my H3 ~ 10k miles ago. Now it's popping up an occasional CEL because the O2 sensor isn't warming up fast enough. Talked to my mechanic friend, and it seems that a bunch of the off-shore, and even the "meets OEM specs" have that problem. I've got AC Delcos (OE) coming Monday - hopefully that cures the issue.

Comment

• Umm. It's big?

120lb/hr injector

More stuff to follow in the next few weeks but then I will probably go radio silent when school starts.
                            2000 Firebird

Comment

• UMI Performance 3-point Subframe connectors are installed, still need to paint the weld points to protect them.

Here's a pic of the T-56 installed, you can see the adapter plate (barely) and the mods done to the cross member to accommodate said adapter plate.
                              2000 Firebird

Comment

• I'd say the subframe connectors did exactly what they needed to!

I had to do spark plugs today and spray paint the welds while I was under there. I don't feel safe trying to drive a manual trans car up on ramps and then put it on the stands so I just jack the car up on each side to get the front tire high enough to set it on the ramp.

I can now lift one entire side of the car and have both tires off the ground. The chassis could flex enough that the rear tire would still be on the ground at this height.
                                2000 Firebird

Comment

Working...
                                X