X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer......

Dan

Comment

• Update on the injector stuff. I'm getting a killer deal from the owner of Fuel1 on a set of brand new Bosch 0280158227 injectors. These are rated at 36 lb/hr, flow matched and ready to go. I'll have to swap to a newer style connector on the harness, but that's not too bad of an ordeal with how direct plugin adapters are pretty common on the market nowadays.

Otherwise, I'm snowed in for the next few days (not something I'd expect to say here in Texas) so I'll probably brave the cold temps in the garage (currently 26°F outside in the sunlight) and maybe try to bolt a few things together like the front and rear swaybar assembly, test fit a few other items and make some measurements.

Still need to get a nice set of 18" wheels and sell my 17" Speedlines, gonna have to get the tires off of them and clean them up before I post them FS. They might be the only set of the Mistral 6's left in existence, so it's hard to tell how much to list them for...
      2000 Firebird
      ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

• A little bit of progress tonight. Very cold in the garage but finished the front suspension entirely. I need to go run some errands tomorrow including getting the rotors honed to fit over the hubs.

Shout out to Keith from Fuel1 Injector Services for sending me some high quality injectors after my last fiasco that I had posted before.

Need to run the front brake lines, ABS harness and then install rear swaybar and watts link tomorrow!

CTS-V Two-piece rotors up front, there's more clearance than what you see in the picture. The caliper was just loosely bolted into place, with it level with the upright, it had plenty of clearance. Going to head out to get the rotors honed in the morning...

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
          A little bit of progress tonight. Very cold in the garage but finished the front suspension entirely. I need to go run some errands tomorrow including getting the rotors honed to fit over the hubs.

Shout out to Keith from Fuel1 Injector Services for sending me some high quality injectors after my last fiasco that I had posted before.

Need to run the front brake lines, ABS harness and then install rear swaybar and watts link tomorrow!

CTS-V Two-piece rotors up front, there's more clearance than what you see in the picture. The caliper was just loosely bolted into place, with it level with the upright, it had plenty of clearance. Going to head out to get the rotors honed in the morning...

I have always loved the looks of the CTS-V Calipers. Great build cant wait to see more
          CHECK US OUT AT:
          www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Thanks Ryan, looking forward to getting this out and running around again. Not sure if my neighbors are ready though lol!
            2000 Firebird

Comment

• Well today was the good old birthday and got to spend my day off trying to tie up all the loose ends on the car. Waiting on the last little bits of things here and there.

Got the brake rotor hubs opened up by a local shop, D&S Machine did them for $20/ea, not bad considering how much it can cost hourly on for general work in a machine shop.

The 36lb/hr injectors are installed, waiting on the plug-in adapters. I've already spliced in the EV1 connectors from the mismatched "LS6" injectors, and I don't want to do more splicing on this harness if I can avoid it.

Working on installing this Watts link has been an absolute PITA. Bought it used from somebody and apparently they lost the shims that go in the clamshell spot for the axles. Should have just bought it new and never looked back...

Still waiting on wheels...

Still have to do:
              • Rear swaybar.
              • watts link.
              • header mods.
              • plugs/wires.
              • PCV re-route to catch can.
              • UMI Driveshaft loop.
              • Fluids and bleed/burp system.
              • Wheels/tires.
              • Have a local shop tie in the last part of the exhaust.
              2000 Firebird

Comment

• Dead day today so I added horsepower mods to my tuning laptop:

Got in some slip on turn downs for my headers until I can get the whole exhaust connected since I'm using a system intended for an LSx powered F-body. This is so it doesn't piss off my PCM for reading it being too lean due to reversion at the collector and killing the car in traffic when it starts dumping fuel... I had it happen a few years ago, lesson learned.
                Also so that I can direct the sound more diagonally instead of straight down. No more brown note for me!

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Forgot I did this awhile back, got to spend some quality time with my daughter in the garage, took a timelapse run of it with the gopro. Hadn't done this before so it was essentially a test run.

First try at time lapse capture w/ the Gopro. Installing AIE CTS-V brackets on the rear.More here:https://www.facebook.com/ProjectSturmvogel
                  2000 Firebird

Comment

• Cute kid!

We have that same stool (in white) and it's interesting that to her that top step is a plenty-big platform while for me - my big ol' butt barely fits! Makin' memories for both of you.

Dan

Comment

• Very cute video .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Modified the Force Fed Fabs longtube headers to run a different collector design I ordered from Davis Headers. This venturi style collector will help with keeping the exhaust velocity up, something I’m concerned about since this is a higher compression engine. Turn down tips are by Kooks. Needs a few finishing touches like the O2 bungs and retaining springs.

Needless to say, I was a bit concerned about cutting into a very uncommon set of headers, but I went for it anyway.

Test Fit:

Comparison between the two designs:

Turndown tip for driving with the open headers, keeps the O2 sensor a little happier...

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Doss Wheels FF1's, 19x9.5, ~21lb flow formed wheel, waiting on a few odds and ends including tires before I can get this finished up.

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Nice center cap!

Comment

• Haha, gotta see the world!

Mitch Walraven at Total Engine Service added the O2 bungs and welded on the retention springs to these modified Force Fed Fabs Longtubes. Really nice welds, good placement of the springs and O2 bungs. The pics just don't do it any justice!

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Good welding is an art. I'm no artist! Though I can appreciate "the good stuff".

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X