No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you mean about THAT guy! Our next door neighbors, who are GREAT folks, have an 18 mo old little guy and I never can guess when he's snoozing - little guys do that a lot. My shop is nearest their house so I know I could get obnoxious quickly. Therefore I try to keep the door closed and otherwise be as considerate as I can.

The 'Bird looks excellent - great project!

Dan

Comment

• IT LIVES!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Still have some little odds and ends to work out as well as get it warmed up and burp the coolant.

Then it's off to:
      • Get exhaust connected
      • Inspected/Registered
      • Alignment
      • AC Charged
      • Dyno tuned
      2000 Firebird
      ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

• First time out on the ground w/ the new wheels. Needs an alignment bad! The front Toe-in is so much that it made it hard to push the car out of the garage, lol!

2000 Firebird

Comment

• we have THAT Guy living at the top of our block... Likes to fire up his sport bike at all hours to warm it up, wind it up to WOT, then take it for a ten minute ride before bringing it back and blipping the throttle a few times before killing it...need to figure out how to repay him without being THAT Guy to the rest of the neighborhood...BTW... that looks like one of the best 4th gen F-bodies I've seen!
          Last edited by silver_bullet; April 8, 2016, 05:06 PM.
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• your car totally rocks, nice work!
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
              I'm already that guy, I don't want to become THAT guy.
              I made that transition with my neighbor two years ago after firing up the Skylark un-corked one afternoon. He was really pissed off. I managed to take it back down to just "that" guy a week or so later when I apologized again. The neighbor across the street from us both IS THAT guy all the time. They have an uncorked Mopar of some kind they are always free revving in the garage, even after the sun has set. It's not street legal, they tow it places about three times a year, but they are constantly revving the engine and it always sounds stupid rich and boggy at the hit. I'd have thought after three years the tune would improve.....I watched it run once when I took my Firebird to a run whatcha brung event, and you could smell the fuel in the exhaust as well as sounding like crap up against the converter. Anyways I wanted them to continue to be the hated neighbor, not me.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• One of the best ways to remain just that guy is to have a nearby THAT GUY so you don't look so bad! Clever tactic (Randal's no dummy). Do you pay the MOPAR guy under the table?

Dan

Comment

• yeah, second best "that guy"... like the second rat gets the cheese. There's an abundance of Harley's around here. I pale in comparison.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                    First time out on the ground w/ the new wheels. Needs an alignment bad! The front Toe-in is so much that it made it hard to push the car out of the garage, lol!

Man the car looks like a monster! I love that wheel selection.
                    CHECK US OUT AT:
                    www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Finally got some time to let it idle and warm up so I could burp the coolant. Gotta go get that exhaust hooked up though, lol! :D

Comp Cams NA race cam, 11:1 compression open longtube headers with turndowns. Just doing idle warmup and checking over things to make sure they're happy. T...
                      2000 Firebird

Comment

• sounds Great!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• The shop's been super busy, but they finally got some space open on one of the lifts. Just gotta connect the headers to the x-pipe. Yes, I'm running cats so I don't get hassled, and the cats help mellow out some of the inherent V6 rasp.

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Sure looks sweet under there! Too bad when folks DO look, it usually means that you are top down..
                            Remember. Rubber goes down

Comment

• Yup, shiny side up!

Short idle clip, time to get the break in done so we can get it on the dyno to finish tuning!

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Been a very busy week or so, finally got some time to do a little work in the garage and figuring out the return spring stuff for the parking brake. I'll make sure to include that info in the write-up since that isn't covered explicitly in the conversion instructions from the company. That might be updated now though, so who knows.

The car sounds great, need to clean it up as it got covered in dust and I haven't had a chance to clean it yet, let alone drive it to get it inspected. More progress soon!

2000 Firebird

Comment

Working...
                                X