No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somedays I just have a hard time wrapping my head around this build, but man do I love it...cant wait to see the finished product.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Somedays I just have a hard time wrapping my head around this build, but man do I love it...cant wait to see the finished product.
      Me too.. Don't rightly know why it caught my eye the first time as this is not something I normally look at... But I read it and like it!
      Not much "stock" left. That is what makes it cool! Might be the v-6 turbo? Son has a Syclone

Comment

• Thanks everybody,

My dad feels the same way :lol:
        2000 Firebird
        ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

• Tick clutch master cylinder is installed. Gotta wire up the pedals and all that fun stuff probably on Tuesday. Once I opened up the bolt holes a little more, the cylinder bolted in perfectly! Zip tied the reservoir to the mount for now, and I still need to get under the car and attach the line to the master. I'm gonna need to reroute some wiring after all is said and done. I don't like the spot where I routed my wideband wires, so I'm going to look into running that stuff through another spot instead of the grommet right below the driver's seat. Just looks trashy to me from under the car.
          2000 Firebird

Comment

• Oh hey, I have a thread for posting stuff...

Last edited by WarShrike; July 18, 2012, 07:58 PM.
            2000 Firebird

Comment

• Front suspension is bolted on, looking great! I love working with brand new parts, a whole lot less cleanup involved :lol:

Finally got my 3/4" spacer for my hydraulic throwout bearing (yes, 3/4"). Luckily RAM had one that they use for retrofits for the T-56 on other cars. It's the size I needed as the flywheel and clutch that doesn't stick out as far from the block as on an LSX + the 1/4" adapter was enough to skew things enough to where I needed to run a spacer as a shim just wouldn't work.

I'll put in the trans, then bolt up the rear suspension components. Makes it easier for me to do it that way so I can fit the driveshaft on a little easier.

Then I gotta put the longtubes back on and put the interior pieces in
              2000 Firebird

Comment

• Went through this thread from beginning to end tonight. You've got a nice project going on -- doesn't appear it will be too long before you'll be getting some road time with it. I like the color too. Good luck!
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Thanks!

Milled the notches open on the bellhousing to clear the hydraulic lines (First time to use a bridge port, freaking awesome!).

Dropped off my crossmember to get 1/2" added to the pads so I can drill new holes to mount it to the car.

Wiring almost finished, will probably start putting other stuff back in as well asap.
                  2000 Firebird

Comment

• Progress is being made, I'm a wiring newb so some things like wiring in the reverse lockout solenoid has been a challenge. I'm wiring it into the brake as I didn't feel like trying to figure out the rats nest of the pcm pinouts and couldn't get anything reliable off the old auto pigtail. I've run a grommet through the trans tunnel so I can run my wires cleanly through there and under the console and dash. I'm excited to get things finished and they look to be getting really close.

Especially after this:

I had to modify my T-56 crossmember. It takes a lot of balls/faith/stupidity to modify a brand spanking new crossmember for 1/2" of clearance needed because of the spacer. With a stock crossmember, there's probably enough tolerances in the manufacturing process that you might be able to bolt it up lol! Took it to a welder that used to work for the USAF, damned good guy, has a nice little piece of stainless steel welded to aluminum to showcase some of his work. Got extensions welded on, then had to go to a friend's place that had a drill press and a bridge port mill that had enough reach to work over the plate.

Took it home, test fit (LIKE A GLOVE! MEH MEH MEH!) and now the paint is drying.

I'll try and post here and there, and a writeup will follow at some point after the car is on the road.
                    2000 Firebird

Comment

• So for the first time since April 13, the Firebird went for a drive. Fired it up yesterday after doing the T-56 swap, took a lot longer to do than anticipated, but it is done!

Need to re-tune it and do some final adjustments along with putting the rest of the interior back in the car but I am happy to see the car running.
                      2000 Firebird

Comment

• congradulations
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Interior is all back in the car, new carpet is in, wish I had done it slightly different but got rushed (single guys take note lol!)...

Also, this car feels like it is an entirely different machine, looking forward to finishing break in and get some tuning done hopefully this week. It is also so much quieter with the rear panels and seats back in, rather nice.

I did take my wife and 2 month old out for a drive though, car seat fit perfectly in the back, my wife is only 5'5" so she fit fine up front in the Corbeau CR1's. Went and got the car washed and picked up some Blizzards at DQ. Oh what a feeling!

Pics later, gonna hit the sack...
                          2000 Firebird

Comment

• 2000 Firebird

Comment

• Had some fun, went out on Saturday and froze my butt off. Somebody snapped some pics and I found them on facebook. I've got plans on taking some really good pictures. Car needs a repaint bad as you can now tell.

That's on Konis/Stranos on the lowest perch with 1/2" spacers on the wheels to flush them out a little better.

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Got a new camera, trying it out and getting the feel of using something a little more potent than my kodak easyshare :lol: Got a Olympus E-420 off ebay with a lot of gear for a good price, only had it a few days, so go easy.

No tripod used, light was getting low right around sunset when I found this spot. Went driving around, looking for a place to take pictures where I wouldn't have a high likelihood of getting robbed, mugged, raped or stabbed with a spork.

Yes, the car needs tint, paint, and a V8, plate covered, ooh and trashy naked lady mudflaps :D

Anybody have any good tips with using a DSLR camera?

2000 Firebird

Comment

Working...
                                X