No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you mean like these naked ladies with mud flaps?

Just say no.
    Last edited by Beagle; October 29, 2012, 08:48 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• ^Yup except with less preggo belly.

I was essentially being sarcastic and trying to head off the snarky comments on the car and infused a little humor with the mudflaps comment.
      2000 Firebird
      ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

• Had a saggy driver's side tailpipe due to a worn out rubber hanger. A&B Muffler here in town welded in a bracket instead, free of charge since they installed the exhaust originally. Good customer service right there!

WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN THAT BE!?

Well, I could have sworn I saw something...

It's a 75mm truck throttle body. Gonna test some things out after doing a few pm's with a certain special someone.
        2000 Firebird

Comment

• Got bored, made a vid:
          Just a short clip of my V6 Firebird with a Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
          Last edited by WarShrike; February 28, 2013, 10:21 PM.
          2000 Firebird

Comment

• sound slike an 8 at idle....cool.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
              ^Yup except with less preggo belly.

I was essentially being sarcastic and trying to head off the snarky comments on the car and infused a little humor with the mudflaps comment.
              man I'm slow - never saw this comment. I was being smartass back - those naked ladies HAVE mud flaps.. get it? Talk about mud flaps, my girls got 'em

errr... nevermind. I got your joke. I thought it was funny to get followed up with saggy tail pipe. HA!

sorry, I have a messed up sense of humor. So what happened with the big Throttle body?

Comment

• Nothing done with the throttle body yet, looking at some options for a revised intake plenum (debating on sheet metal or teaching myself to do a mold and make a smooth plenum out of carbon fiber). Going to school for engineering at TTU and working part time on top of being married with a baby girl doesn't allow for a lot of spare time for projects lol!
                2000 Firebird

Comment

Nothing done with the throttle body yet, looking at some options for a revised intake plenum (debating on sheet metal or teaching myself to do a mold and make a smooth plenum out of carbon fiber). Going to school for engineering at TTU and working part time on top of being married with a baby girl doesn't allow for a lot of spare time for projects lol!
                  Tennessee Technical University? Do you live in Cookeville?
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                    Tennessee Technical University? Do you live in Cookeville?
                    Haha no, TTU = Texas Tech University, Lubbock TX.
                    2000 Firebird

Comment

• Waiting on parts, ordered a carbon fiber sail panel and new headlights to replace the blinders that I have right now (HID's in sealed beam housings), time to move on up the responsibility scale and it'll improve the looks of the car on top of that. Sending a set of heads to get a full effort port done to work with the boost build I have planned (2 years or so for completion).

In the meantime, I hit up harbor freight! $109 with the coupons plus on sale. Hard to beat and now I have a nice tool chest to use and roll it directly to where I'm working!!!

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Next step in the process with the car is starting. It's the Parts pile stage.

Plans are to build a block first (8.5:1 CR JE pistons, H-beam rods, fully balanced assembly with an ATI damper), get the items needed like the fuel system (dual 255s, 1 being boost referenced off a hobbs switch), maybe I can get a 240V outlet wired up in the garage so I can at least tack together the hot side and maybe the charge piping, then take it to a local welder that does an amazing job (ex air force welder, certified to do crazy stuff like titanium).

Looking at a BB Turbonetics T70 w/ MPS turbine. Another member has had good success with that setup. I'll have to talk to the guys at Forced Inductions first to see what they're gonna recommend for my setup.

I'd looked at doing twins but it's just too much expense, maybe later. I found the perfect setup but the turbos are $1K each. GT28RS "Disco Potato" turbos, great power all the way, not big peak # setups which is great for my intentions.

Will be W2A intercooled.

Holden intake is going to have a sheet metal plenum done, and a 74mm truck TB mounted.

Big valve race heads w/ cam to match.

60lb/hr injectors under an aeromotive rail to make sure I've got good fuel delivery for a little while until I upgrade to bigger injectors...

That's just the basic list...
                        2000 Firebird

Comment

• very cool

use your dryer or oven plug?
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 28, 2013, 07:23 AM.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            very cool

use your dryer or oven plug?
                            Haha the missus wouldn't let something like that fly.
                            2000 Firebird

Comment

Craigslist an RV Extension cord, change the ends.

Comment

how do we say this.... oh yeah, what she doesn't know won't hurt you.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X