No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my "trackday, bro!" wheels/tires mounted.

Here's hoping I can cut loose for the CAM invitational at Mineral Wells towards the end of June.

2000 Firebird
    ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

• Mineral Wells? Is that near Radiator Springs?

(Have fun!)

Dan

Comment

• Got some more stuff done on the car, alignment is finished and ran it with the track day wheel set to make sure nothing interfered.

New helmet, just a budget setup, we also have some open cockpit cars come into the shop so this might come in handy.

SKF hub adapters so I can upgrade the front hubs to something safer with sticky tires. There are quite few documented failures of stock hubs and replacements are dodgy as is.

Replaced the stock rack with an FE4 rebuilt setup. I didn't feel like trying to do the EPAS setup because a manual rack alone for the fbody is stupid expensive.

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Soon ( already? ) nothing made by GM on this car!

Comment

• Finally got to run the car, I've still got a lot more learning to do with it and felt I left with a few seconds to gain. Fastest of the day for me was a 60.3, FTD on course was a Z06 w/ 56.1. It tracks through the corners better and it feels great to have 80 more whp and tq available, even if this was a tight miata-ish course in some of it so the whole run was in 1st gear.

I feel the 275s are a good start for me this season as it will help me at least learn more about the car and get some seat time. The BFG Rivals were very predictable but I'm not sure I even found their limits. The icy stuff was from all the gravel kicked up as the event wore on.

• I need a harness, I found myself fighting to stay in position a lot.
            • Proper coilovers will have to be something to look into once I move up to a wider tire.
            • I need more seat time.

Video:
            https://youtu.be/MTYmwMegaU0
            2000 Firebird

Comment

• Cool! Great to hear about success on your first track outing!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Many of yall might have noticed a large portion of photobucket images are now dead due to changes in their TOS for free third party hosting (which is what they have been this whole time).

Until I get this stuff straightened out, I've still got a facebook page I post to regularly as well: www.facebook.com/ProjectSturmvogel
                2000 Firebird

Comment

• Finally got the video up! I have links to my facebook page/instagram and stuff in the description as well as the pdf.

Some have asked how to do this upgrade, here's a brief walkthrough on some of the changes necessary.Get shirts here: http://teespring.com/moonboostHere's the...
                  2000 Firebird

Comment

• Long time, no post I guess!

Had a rash of bad luck/parts failures. Fuel pump hose ruptured, and then it acted like the fuel pump was going out a week later (replaced it and did the hot wire mod while I was in there, didn't fix it), turned out it was a bad MAF sensor. Then a week later it was pig rich, my O2 sensors finally gave up lol.

Speaking of custom intake, I finally got around to pulling the trigger for that...

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Still alive!

Snagged an AEM Infinity 710 for a price I couldn't pass up. Time to get the harness prepped!

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Excellent video, sir!

Comment

• Great to know you're moving forward even if it is two steps forward and one step back. Takes twice as long but you WILL get there. My projects tend to be two steps forward and three steps back so my progress is REALLY slow!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X