Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Got the new waterpump put on today, the old one was open on the back side the new one has direct passageways. It went well so far no leaks (knock on wood) other than idling at 1800 rpms it seems to be running good took it up the road got it up to 5800 rpms in second with a lot of wheel spin. Hoping I can get a few clean passes this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    oh the joys of Ford water pumps. I usually start mine by purchasing the studs that surround the water jackets. If I have them on hand, the old ones will come out without busting or being paper thin. If I don't, well, you know how that goes. Bummer you didn't get to run, but on the other hand, it's good it didn't get to half track and water down your tires for you...

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Dad and I took the Capri to the 1/8 saturday night, they were running about a half a dozen classes as well as TNT. There were some fast cars there alot of the heads up cars were running 5.0x in the 140's saw one car run 152 mph! After the first round of qualifying the called for TNT cars got in the stageing lane, the guy in front of me gets out of his shiny red 6.0 GTO and walks over and says your car is leaking water. It needs a water pump. Night ended before it started. Glad to know now and not at Maxton. Now I just have to find time to fix it, I have tickets to the State game this Saturday :-/

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got the fuel line relocated, new clutch quadrant, the big end of the steering shaft was hitting the header I ground it down alittle, hope that works other wise I will be looking for a new shaft with a smaller joint.

Got my fingers crossed that I will be able to take it to test and tune saturday night at the 1/8! Think it will be ok with open headers? Want to guess what it will run?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I think I could get away with standard ford boots but I am going to use the 90* set I bought for the last set of headers. I have replaced the two burnt boots with the ones off of the chevy coil wire that came in the set. I have a few heat socks for the boots I will put on the closest wires. I think 7 and 8 will be the winners. Some times being cheap saves me money sometimes it causes me to have to do things twice and buy more parts.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    those look nice in there! Money well spent, imo. It looks like maybe one 90* boot is still needed? That's about what my truck long tubes fit like. I had to use a 90* boot on number 5. The tube was tucked a little closer than yours I think.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Pictures of the headers / spark plugs

Now if I can just get my fuel line and Clutch problems fixed. The quadrant is POPING loose and There is not clutch I think its time for a new quadrant...

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    They are not stainless starting to rust alittle. They have a ton more room around the spark plugs almost like the were made for the P head. There is also no conflict with the clutch cable! The one problem is the fuel line is way to close the tubes, don't even think I could hook it up if I wanted to. Going to have to reroute the hard line..... Anybody ever put a small fuel cell under the hood? Bad idea? Rules?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Roger that - I keep forgetting that. The last time I had an MRI I told them I had wire in my cheek - they said "it's stainless" I went ... Doh. Yeah.

Leave a comment:

• std
    replied
    touch them with a magnet....

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I wonder how it would work if you let them rust intentionally (spray them down with saltwater) and then use that paint junk for converting rust that turns it into magnetite? I think that is naturally black, then put the bbq paint over that?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Here's a few you might want to look at:

KBS Xtreme Temperature Coating is a high temperature/heat resistant coating and header paint formulated specifically to protect metal surfaces operating at temperatures from 500 degrees F to 1500 degrees F.

this is the tech-line stuff I've tried - I got two shorty sets out of one little can.... again - I don't have enough run time on them to know how well it really works.... but it didn't burn right off like typical rattle can stuff does...

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    lol. Mine never rusted, fwiw.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    i think i will let them just blue or rust what ever they want to do.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    VHT works great if the engine is never started. :|

the mac spaghetti bowl equal lengths for my fox mustang blued quite a bit. I thought they were nickel finish, but apparently not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X