1979 Mercury Capri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    I LIKE Coastal Plains - closer AND they have good track sloppy-Joes. If you can make it I'll be there. Dave Rackley might be there with the new car, too.

Dan
    Dan didn't you have a life changing event that involved a doc telling you to cut back on the sloppy-joes.

Russel I am jealous of you south people. Capitol shuttered up for the season last month.

Steve
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

• Thanks for your concern, Steve - and I mean that sincerely. It's very kind. And I've cut WAY back on such things and have sloppy Joes only when I go to the track which isn't too often - maybe two or three times a year.

As far as jealousy of us Southerners - you CAN move here like I did! Our tracks aren't open all year long, but close. Coastal Plains sometimes has a meet on New Year's Day, weather permitting.

Dan

Comment

• Weather did not permit racing today. I knew the my chances where not good but it might be months before the track is open again. So Dad came down and we made the 160 mile round trip to the track just to see rain drops on the windshield and the gates locked. Sucks to blow the money on diesel, but had fun hanging out with Dad. On the way back I had a great idea, we should go to the junk yard!

I found a cowl grill for my 98 GT, dad got a sway bar for his camaro. Going to the junk yard always puts me in a better mood
        Last edited by Russell; December 16, 2012, 07:05 PM.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
          Weather did not permit racing today. I knew the my chances where not good but it might be months before the track is open again. So Dad came down and we made the 160 mile round trip to the track just to see rain drops on the windshield and the gates locked. Sucks to blow the money on diesel, but had fun hanging out with Dad. On the way back I had a great idea, we should go to the junk yard!

I found a cowl grill for my 98 GT, dad got a sway bar for his camaro. Going to the junk yard always puts me in a better mood
          my best swap meet days are the ones with my pops...
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Bummer! I wanted to see if or how much the DRs helped. Where's your bodywork thread on the '98? It will be fun to see it coming along.

And glad you had a day with Graham. Always a good thing (Russell's Dad is a good guy).

Dan

Comment

• The track has a new and improved TNT schedule after passing up an very nice Saturday just to be rained out on Sunday. Starting on the 5th TNT on Saturday with Sunday as the rain date!

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• That sounds better. I'll try to join in as long as it isn't TOO chilly.

Dan

Comment

• Went to coastal plains dragway this afternoon. Made 8 passes, there were a few ok, missed a few shifs, spun the tires a lot. Also had plenty of wheel hop to go around.

Off the trailer new PB!

13.94 @ 102.97

Third pass was the fastest.

13.89 @ 103.66

Fifth quickest
                  8.8740 @ 81.08
                  13.6799 @ 102.30

The last few runs it started missing so I put a couple gallons on 109 in the tank. Make a couple more passes still missing pulled back in the pits and my fuel pump is leaking.

Time to replace the pump, what kind of pump? Stock, electric, hp mech?

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Forgot to mention the great company while at the track. Dad rode down to the track with me, and Dan meet us there! Dan tell them how it looked. I hope to have some low quility video tomorrow.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Actually it looked much better. With the street tires it was absolutely NOT hooked up. The old DRs and lower gears seemed to help quite a bit. The track seemed a bit loose here and there but Russell was handling it pretty well.

Now if we can get him to leave earlier....... (Sorry Russell, had to bust your chops a little!)

It was a really nice afternoon with highs in the mid-60s. For this time of year, EXCELLENT! And the company was great, too.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; January 20, 2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• You mean the RT or the 60'?

I have not looked.... ok the best RTs was .12

I was hoping the 60 would be better... 2.10

Car needs a driver mod.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• My 'Stang seems to work best if I leave on the third yellow. The chassis takes a split second to react and that works out about right. However, mine is an automatic so there's no guarantees. Still, this is test & tune so I'd give it a shot. Worst that happens is a red light.

Dan

Comment

• I was not even thinking about the RT, I red lighted once, the car rolled foward while the yellows where coming down. Trying to keep the wheel hop down.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• The next time you're over you should roll under the 'Stang and look at the rear suspension. It's all Max Motorsports and NO wheel hop. It takes a few pieces but they're priced reasonably and they work without tearing up the torque boxes. Solid bushings are NOT the way to go. Remember you can transfer them from car to car if you decide to go to another body.

Dan

Comment

• That's cool that your dad and Dan go too - good times!

Your MPH is showing a very low 13 , your 60 foot is leaving a lot on the line I think. I'm with Dan, have a look at your control arms and see if the bushings are fubar or if your torque boxes are torn up? Wheel hop is pretty rough on the little cars.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X