• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tazracing
    Guest replied
    Re: 1979 Mercury Capri

Originally posted by fast Ed
    Lots of potential there, especially at that price! As you probably know, a lot of the mechanical bits from the later 5.0 Mustangs can be used as upgrades for the earlier cars ... brakes, suspension, driveline.

Just watch your knuckles when you're rolling down the windows ... there's a reason the winders were there for one year only. :P

cheers
    Ed N.
    I've seen the "winders" in the newer capri's with the fender bulges..

Leave a comment:

• fast Ed
    replied
    Re: 1979 Mercury Capri

Lots of potential there, especially at that price! As you probably know, a lot of the mechanical bits from the later 5.0 Mustangs can be used as upgrades for the earlier cars ... brakes, suspension, driveline.

Just watch your knuckles when you're rolling down the windows ... there's a reason the winders were there for one year only. :P

cheers
    Ed N.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    started a topic 1979 Mercury Capri

1979 Mercury Capri

Automotive ADD strikes again. I was given a offer I could not refuse on a 1979 Mercury Capri. Dad and I took my car trailer and tried our the new atv winch it work great!!! I took the lazy way out and just put some old batter cable ends on the wires and direct powered it! So a 100 dollar 3000 lbs winch will pull a car onto a trailer! ;D I has been parked under a peach tree for a number of years so I sure it needs a lot. It is a 302 2 barrel auto car. Other than that I do not know much about it. Do they make NOS plates for a 2 bbl ;)? I snapped a few pictures once it was on the trailer. I have been wanting a "classic" fox body. Included in the purchase price was a 302 and c4 scrap or maybe cores.

Last edited by Russell; August 20, 2016, 01:27 PM.
Working...
X