X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Swaping gears is out side of my skill/tool set.

The question: Is a 7.5 with fozzy locker asking for trouble?
    Simple answer..yes..

Complicated answer.. No..

Which do you wanna hear?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Well I hope he comes through for you. A good wiring harness has some worth and he can scrap the rest so I guess its a win for him I know its a WIN for you. Take $2 and go buy a loto ticket see if that good luck is still hanging around.
    Yes - scrap on the carcass of the body is probably 150 - 225.
    If I wanted a wiring harness - I'd surely want to pull it myself, same goes for the dash - so - I think he's happy.
    If he can find buyers for the glass, front / rear fascia - good for him. I've got what I wanted and as long as he holds up his end, I've got $0 and about 8 hours work into an entire EFI 302/aod/8.8 power train, harness, and computer.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Russell - It's obvious that you don't live in the Rust Belt. Everything rusts solid. For the longest time I couldn't see the need for Loctite.
    What exactly is this "Loctite" you speak of Dan?

I jest of course. But I'm don't see where you would use it on suspensions.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Well I hope he comes through for you. A good wiring harness has some worth and he can scrap the rest so I guess its a win for him I know its a WIN for you. Take $2 and go buy a loto ticket see if that good luck is still hanging around.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    He's paying me $400 for the remainder of the car - all sheet metal intact, all glass, all vehicle wiring, dash, 140mph gauge panel, steering column. That's what he wants - he wants the wiring - and he wants to take it out himself - along with the dash - so he knows how it all comes apart and goes together. God Bless him.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    RUSTY indeed - the bolts had become one with the bushing sleeves.

There was no subframe left above the k member - it came apart like wet balsa wood.

There is no floor over the passenger side muffler, there's no floor above either rear bumper shock.

There is no floor on the passenger front near the rocker, and not much on the driver side.

We did a favor taking this car off the road.
    And you found someone to give you money for it?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    RUSTY indeed - the bolts had become one with the bushing sleeves.

There was no subframe left above the k member - it came apart like wet balsa wood.

There is no floor over the passenger side muffler, there's no floor above either rear bumper shock.

There is no floor on the passenger front near the rocker, and not much on the driver side.

We did a favor taking this car off the road.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    those are 50.00 and 100.00 too high for my blood! lol. Get the gearset you want. I paid something like 30-40 bucks for a set of 4.10's from a 7.5 Ranger that looked virgin. I will have to look it up, I think it was under 40.00 shipped. That's about all I would go. Try the factory gears with the spacers you already have and I bet it's dang close.

Fozzy -

I was surprised, tried finding a 7.5 spool a while back. I expected to see them from the mini-lite whatever dirt class, but this seems to be the answer for those classes on shoestring budget.
    Swaping gears is out side of my skill/tool set.

The question: Is a 7.5 with fozzy locker asking for trouble?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Russell - It's obvious that you don't live in the Rust Belt. Everything rusts solid. For the longest time I couldn't see the need for Loctite. I know where John is coming from!

Dan

Was it rusty? I have swaped rear ends in Foxbodies 3 time with hand tools. The blue wrench is faster but never had anything a craftsman and a breaker bar could not handle.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    There is a guy on CL who has 2 rear ends for sale one had 3.73 and the other 4.10 both 7.5 open. One has brakes the other does not listed for $150, $100 respectively.

I would rather have an 8.8 trac loc but this is in my price range and avalible. Pick it up and try my hand at making a Fozzy Locker (Miller Locker)? Or hold out for 8.8 trac loc with lower gear already installed?
    those are 50.00 and 100.00 too high for my blood! lol. Get the gearset you want. I paid something like 30-40 bucks for a set of 4.10's from a 7.5 Ranger that looked virgin. I will have to look it up, I think it was under 40.00 shipped. That's about all I would go. Try the factory gears with the spacers you already have and I bet it's dang close.

Fozzy -

I was surprised, tried finding a 7.5 spool a while back. I expected to see them from the mini-lite whatever dirt class, but this seems to be the answer for those classes on shoestring budget.
    Last edited by Beagle; November 7, 2012, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Russell - ROAD TRIP! I can drive to MI w/o map.

Dan
    Dan as much as I would like to I don't have the vacation time, and it would cost more in fuel than the rear is worth.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I just pulled the 8.8 out of the $500 fox last night - took a torch - the upper c-arm bolts came out at the axle, as they should.

None of the four body mounting points for the control arms would budge - with 175 psi of compressed air and a good IR impact.
    Same goes for the lower c-arm attachment points at the axle.

I cut the lower arms with the torch.

Shame you're so far away - this 8.8 appears to be recently freshened up - fresh paint on the pinion nut, and the posi is tight.
    Was it rusty? I have swaped rear ends in Foxbodies 3 time with hand tools. The blue wrench is faster but never had anything a craftsman and a breaker bar could not handle.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Russell - ROAD TRIP! I can drive to MI w/o map.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I just pulled the 8.8 out of the $500 fox last night - took a torch - the upper c-arm bolts came out at the axle, as they should.

None of the four body mounting points for the control arms would budge - with 175 psi of compressed air and a good IR impact.
    Same goes for the lower c-arm attachment points at the axle.

I cut the lower arms with the torch.

Shame you're so far away - this 8.8 appears to be recently freshened up - fresh paint on the pinion nut, and the posi is tight.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    There is a guy on CL who has 2 rear ends for sale one had 3.73 and the other 4.10 both 7.5 open. One has brakes the other does not listed for $150, $100 respectively.

I would rather have an 8.8 trac loc but this is in my price range and avalible. Pick it up and try my hand at making a Fozzy Locker (Miller Locker)? Or hold out for 8.8 trac loc with lower gear already installed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X