88pony's '69 pony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88pony's '69 pony

More to Follow. She came home yesterday in the rain.

Built at the Matuchen plant. Originally a mighty 200 I6. Thats all I know so far.
    The short list is.... Find some wheels I'll be happy with for a while.
    Finish the interior.
    Motivation-thinking the 351W for right now(Power tour!) and long term start working on the cleveland for a replacement.
    More pics & info to come....

Re: 88pony's '69 pony

Greatness.

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing a car on an open trailer behind a pickup truck.

Great score!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

And in that first pic, nothing is more frustrating that a couple of guys who decide to push the car while I'm running the come-a-long that suddenly gets a bunch of slack and tangles up. The next picture would be us(on ice) pushing it on the rest of the way because of the tangled mess.
      Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
      Greatness.

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing a car on an open trailer behind a pickup truck.

Great score!

Comment

Here are some crummy pics-the battery was low and so was the lighting. Its also covered in dirt and yuck.

this is a few bubbles on drivers side c pillar

Not alot of motor-vation going on here

drivers side upper windshield

Comment

NICE!

Let me know what you need for parts - I might just have something. I've ended up with a few multiples of some dash parts in my swap meet scores looking for the right AC set up for my car.

I have a set of frame connectors still in the box I won't use (trying to keep mine stock metal wise)

I also have some engines and transmissions - so let me know what you need - you're not THAT far away.

Looks like one of hte previous owners was quite the arteest with brake line. :o
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Nice coupe! we also have a 69 Grande' coupe buried under all the shit in the garage. Ours has a 4V 351, C6, 9" with 65,000 original miles. It has some minor rust in the usual place but over all pretty solid. Let me know if you need some pictures of any parts, etc. It's very unmolested and original.

Hmmm, maybe I should get my ass in gear and this one on the road too. Waddya think???
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Why can't I ever want to enjoy something conventionally....

I'm thinking Turbo Pinto 2.3L or BOSS 351!
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Nice score! Looks pretty darned solid too. I like that it's a 351C.

My uncle had a blue '69 coupe he bought new. I'm pretty sure it was 302 4bbl, auto. I'll have to ask my cousin Mike, as he ended up with it in HS. Uncle Terry used it as his airport car when he was flying for TWA. Airport cars were usually heaps that pilots drove and left in the employee lot back in the day cause they known to get stolen and broken into. Someone peeled his trunk lid up sideways just to steal the spare tire.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project comes along.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm eagerly waiting to get this project moving. I'm still in the planning stages at this point. Sadly, I feel I should do the 5 speed conversion on the '88 before jumping head first into this girl. I really want to take one of my own cars this year on P.T. If (yea right...when) I run into problems on the '69 I need to have my '88 for a fall back. As far as the parts go mil, interested in the subframes as the p.o. removed them .> maybe more stuff, I just don't know yet. I have been looking at the parts I have in "stock." My spare windsor is an '88 out of an f-250. Same for the c6. With the efi I found thses specs: 8.8:1, 210 hp & 310 tq. Not exactly hot rod.

Comment

I'm sure we can work something out. The connectors are still in the box sitting in the corner.... not going anywhere fast.

That 351W / C6 doesn't sound like a bad combination to start with, better heads and cam and headers, and you're ready to go.

I have a set of 351W headers that may work for you too. If you'r going on PT - I'd say go with an OD trans instead of the C6 unless you have a few 9" center sections to choose from - then - the c6 with a 2.75 highway gear for PT would be a fine way to go too.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                    X