Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toymakers Twin Engine Dragster.......Not just to look at!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO HERE:

The legend of Champion auto parts lives in through our innovative, time-tested, and quality replacement parts. No matter what you drive, make it a Champion.

I registered my volunteer dog. I meant to tell them he wears an XXXL with four arm hole tshirt. He's a Newfoundland, he woofed at your car. Voted and viewed... I had to go back three or four pages to find your link!! Good luck Rocky, I hope you get it and come on down here to Texas. I'd love to see this ride in person!
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Thanks Beagle!!!!

Comment

• WOW!!! I bet they really dig it on the HAMB too!!!! hope to see you at the hamb drags
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

• Thank You, ONLY 4 days left!

Comment

• A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TOO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!Your support is so.....well.....I can't even find the words to describe it as Fantastic, Incredible, Awesome combined don't convey the way I feel and how much I THANK you! Hopefully Champion will see things our way and I can meet as many of my new friends as possible. Thank You All AGAIN! Rocky Phillips

Comment

• Well here we are in 2012 and if you've been following the Twin has made some passes at Eagle Field and been included in a Downtown Fresno photo shoot although not finished. 2012 will be dedicated to "Fit and Finish" giving the Twin some much needed detail and distinguising it from the barn find look it unintentially has.
              The team over at Hot Rod Coalition has a Feature on the Twin and I with the BEST photos before we tore it down to ready for the 2012 Season. Check it out here..............

I also want to thank everyone for their support in the "Search For a Champion" Sweepstakes, we'll be notified Feb 23 if we made it to the "Finalist" runoff.]Here's to 2012

Twin Disc Clutch

15' Ring Slot Chute

Mounting the Body using Army Surplus Fasteners
              Last edited by Toymaker; February 18, 2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• I was really optimistic with all the support the TWIN and I recieved however the Finalists were announced this morning and we didn't get the call for the next round. I want to thank Champion and to all who supported us, your support is extremely endearing and we will continue our quest to do some Barnstorming and see as many New and familar friends as possible. Thank you, Rocky Phillips
                A Little progress has been made with some details being addressed. I shortened the cowl to the angle of the engine plate then filled the gap between the eng plate and cowl with some 1/8" aluminum sign material, tuff stuff :D

To mount the plate I used Chevy VC bolt "load spreaders", I wasn't looking forward to more small tab making.

Here's the view from the back side.

I also have been fiddling with this and that.........here's the mods I made to the exhaust.

Finally found a tank, need to have some repairs, make some straps and clean it all up.

I had to try the T body fit after the front of the body was completed. The mounting of the T body is coming to me and although I'm not looking forward to the glass work I'm salivating at the thought of how low the body will make the car look when I figerglass in the Tonneau cover.

Getting the details detailed..........painted the axle, hairpins, spindles, drag & tierod, steering box cowl extension, bellhousings and picked up the intakes and seat from the electroplater. The Moon tank just bneeded a patch which my son did then I wet sanded it with wd40 and 180 paper and finished it off with red scotchbrite, also wet with wd4o. Besides the history marks it turned out ok.

5 hours and I'm almost done sanding the frame, then theres 4 uprights around the back and helmet bars before we can paint it.

Christmas in FEB, a friend sent me theses clamps that are perfect to mount the Moon tank!
                Last edited by Toymaker; February 23, 2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Time for some progress photos, Eagle Field event is just over 2 months away and I have some Car Show commitments so I finished fitting the Helmet, Kidney and hoop upright bars. Gotta keep our Special Guest drivers safe ;)

Lining all the bars up was the biggest obsticle, nothing worse than looking at it and they are not simetrical, I started with a Tape measure, than used a level but ultimately went with eyeballing it :D

I have a hole saw joint cutter but I've learned to use the chop saw with success and I'm happy with the results. Here is a brief description of my method.

My friend Roseville Carl sent me these "T" clamps and I copied the mounts he made for his Digger. Tanks gonna be the icing on the cake, I may have to rename the car the Lembke and Phillips Twin :D

That's all for tonight, tomorrow I hope to have all the bars welded in and primer the beast!
                  Last edited by Toymaker; March 11, 2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Ok everyone I've been slackin' on the updates but here is a little test session in front of my house I thought I'd share!

Comment

• yeah, the grapevines. I officially really hate you more this time even more than before. grin.

Does it ever hook there? It gets hot enough here in the summer to get a launch on that blacktop.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        yeah, the grapevines. I officially really hate you more this time even more than before. grin.

Does it ever hook there? It gets hot enough here in the summer to get a launch on that blacktop.
                        HaHaHa, I only tried it twice to check the new engine and clutch, I don't plan on making a habit of running it in front of the house. Going to Tucson next week so we'll see how it goes........kinda worried about running on a prepped track.........will be trying to keep it out of the groove!

Comment

• BWAAAAAAA HAAAAA HA! the smoke should add an interesting flavor to your wine for this years vintage.

This thing is soooo Badd Ass!

I can't wait to see a full pass with this thing.
                          A.K.A. Brian
                          Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• Look for us to Tucson May 5th and Eagle Field May 19th and 20th. HAMB Drags, BilletProof and Texas State Championships are also on the calender.

Comment

• This really is one of the hall of fame builds.

To bay Toymaker stopped posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X