• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Dodge....At last

does it run...no
    does it have brakes...no
    are the seats trashed...yes
    does it have rust...yes
    should i have bought this with a 3 week old son at home and another who turns 2 next month...no

do i care about any of this?
    nope. (well i do care about the boys)

383 with a pushbutton, been in a barn since 88 and hasn't been started since then. I haven't been this happy since my son was born 3 weeks ago.

Re: 63 Dodge....At last

heh....that car has potential

Lots of it!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

SWEET!

The car is home that's the important part. Priorities have a way of sorting themselves out over time.

The fact that it's YOURS is the start of something great, no matter how long it takes!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Pretty much all still there. I'm envious. But it REALLY needs a 413 w/crossrams and fender exit headers. Maybe a candy stripe paint job?

Dan

Comment

I'm with the others. It may take a good while, but I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

it needs a lot, and I don't even have a place to put it at my house. I had to stick it in a barn 100 miles away for now. Probably better for the time being with the baby.

Got a little money left over from the sale of my f.e.d. so the shopping can begin. Start with the brakes and just getting it running so it can be moved around before we go crazy with cross-rammed 413s, although the idea has certainly crossed my mind.

Those manifolds cost more now than i paid for the car....

Comment

make it safe and drive man drive...I love these things...good luck, cant wait to see progress.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

its amazing,
                after a 4 hour drive to maine from boston to get the car out of a barn, and then another 4 hour drive to new hampshire to put it in another barn, and then a 2 hour drive back to boston, all i wanted to do was drive back up to tear into it.

Comment

That looks Cool! Pun always intended!
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The last of Virgil Exner's designs. Very nice. Good luck with it.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I love that body style! This one belongs to a good friend of mine. It started out MUCH worse than yours. (A tree fell across the decklid and hammered the quarter panel, too.)

Good luck with the project!

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Excellent base for a cool project. Best to you and the boys......get them out in the garage as soon as you can!

Comment

i thought that car looked familiar, i saw it on craigslist up here a few weeks ago.

id love to have an early 60s mopar, but itll probably be a long time before i have the money for one

good luck with it!

Comment

NICE! Great find, love it. Man when I saw the inside shot of the steering wheel, I swear I could smell that old musty car smell...er I mean perfume ;D
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Nice find!! Those cars can look so cool when they have the right stance and wheels.

Keep us updated.

cheers
                              Ed N.
                              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                              X