No announcement yet.

Scampaleshi(1972 Scamp - Poverty Level)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scampaleshi(1972 Scamp - Poverty Level)

My Scamp. Saved from the beige 318 2dr pedestrian life.

Re: Scampaleshi

Nice!!

How big of a slick can you fit under it? Have the wheel wells been modified?

What kind of ET's can you run?

The car looks good with the Cragars.

Comment

I love the concept! Great Mopar color, the Cragars... Looks sweet... More info please!

Comment

I like it. Dart with a Duster front clip. In '72, my dad had a Scamp rental car for a month and I still remember it. Even though it was a new car it had a coolant leak so my dad put a bucket under it every night. For 10-plus years, that bucket had "Scamp" written on it.

Comment

Hey guys. I've had the car together for about 10 years now. I did the body & paint, suspension, and engine with help from family and friends. Farmed out the trans and rear end. The vinyl top and interior are still original. The engine is a 340 with Mopar magnum heads, 9.9:1 CR, the Comp Cam specs at .519/.524" lift w/252deg @ .050" if I remember correctly. It's got a 727 with a 10" TCI converter and a 8&3/4 w/3.91's and a clutch type sure-grip. There's about 30k on the redo and it was used as a driver all the way through college and a divorce, the latter may have taken a few years off it's life. Currently runs 12.60's as shown, with 26x8.5" ET Drags on a 7" Steel Cop rim. Can't fit much more than that on a Scamp/Dart w/o a little cutting and moving action.

Originally posted by Freiburger
          I like it. Dart with a Duster front clip. In '72, my dad had a Scamp rental car for a month and I still remember it. Even though it was a new car it had a coolant leak so my dad put a bucket under it every night. For 10-plus years, that bucket had "Scamp" written on it.
          Yeah, I had a '72 Demon for a while, I often wondered what would happen if I left them alone in the garage at night. Maybe I'd get up in the morning and have a Dart and a Duster instead. Basically, that whole car started as a rear-main leak in my 73 340 Duster. Long story.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
            Yeah, I had a '72 Demon for a while, I often wondered what would happen if I left them alone in the garage at night. Maybe I'd get up in the morning and have a Dart and a Duster instead. Basically, that whole car started as a rear-main leak in my 73 340 Duster. Long story.
            [/quote]

Thats funny! The car looks great and must be a blast to drive, well done sir!

Comment

Nice Save

Comment

My Dad bought a Scamp when we came back from Germany way back in the day. I always knew my Dad had a bit of Rodder in him. I wish we would have kept the Car since I started Driving the year he got rid of it. He bought a Hornet Sportabout with the V8 in it. "Little Stationwagon that could". I like that Green on it to. Mopar all the way.

Comment

iam not really a mopar fan but your ride just made one out of me. very, very nice car!!!
                  -vic

Comment

Nicely done-love the Cragars!

Comment

Very nice ;)! I have a pair of '70 Vailant/Scamps. One's Hemi-Orange w/a Black gut,Black Top,while the other is a Metallic Gold w/a Beige gut,& a Beige Top. The Orange Car has a stripped Interior w/'an S&W 8-point 'Cage,Subframe-Connecters. The Stock Axle is still in the Car,as is the 225/6 ;D ;D. The Gold Car has a 198/6. Both are Automatics. ~OO6.

Comment

real nice, I love clean and simple cars...very very cool!

Comment

Re: Scampaleshi(1972 Scamp - Poverty Level)

Before:

After:

So, which do you all like better...?

Comment

Very neat car.

I also prefered the cragars over the steelies.

Comment

I like the steelies. 8)
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X