No announcement yet.

1968 chevy Nova... Drag week or bust!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 chevy Nova... Drag week or bust!!

hey guys.

im still new to the bangshift site, but figured i would throw out a few pictures of my new toy.
    just picked it up yesterday. its a 1968 chevy nova with a 454 bbc.

it has fiberglass fenders, hood and bumpers. bench seats etc. the previous owners did alot of nice work to the car. everything seems to be super clean except for one silver dollar sized area of rust bubbling on the bottom of the drivers door and a few cracks in the hood and lf fender.

i have a few plans for it before my deadline of drag week 2011.

1. change the rear end from a 10 bolt to a 12 bolt or possibly ford 9'' with rear disc
    2. Nitrous set up
    3. partial roll cage
    4. wiper motor
    5. racing harnesses/belts
    6. different valve covers
    7. different offset wheels and tires (same design etc with m/t streets)
    and a few other miscilaneous items but nothing drastic

im looking forward to getting out and racing for the first time this year. i worked down at the Wisconsin International Race/drag way for 5 years and being as i live 3 miles from it, its great to finally be able to fulfill all the dreams and wishes i had all those years.

on to the pictures.

Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Re: 1968 chevy Nova... Drag week or bust!!

Welcome to BS! That is one clean looking ride! I'm not a huge fan of the body colored bumpers, but who am I anyway. Keep us up to date on your progress.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Very Nice.....

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Good luck with your goal with the Car 8)! ~J/W.

Comment

Welcome, hope we get to meet up on DW!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Great car. Good luck with the thrash to drag week. Its interesting the previous owner put on all the light weight body panels, but kept the heavy ass bench seat.

I hope to see your car in the mag this year leaving with the front wheels sky high.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. and im looking forward to meeting alot of new people on drag week and coming out of it with some new friends.

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              Great car. Good luck with the thrash to drag week. Its interesting the previous owner put on all the light weight body panels, but kept the heavy ass bench seat.

I hope to see your car in the mag this year leaving with the front wheels sky high.
              thanks, and I sure hope so!!

Comment

Last edited by dougs67; April 18, 2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Oh Chad. Calling Chad. This guy is doing to his Nova what you should be doing to yours!!
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                      yes, what he said
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                        Oh Chad. Calling Chad. This guy is doing to his Nova what you should be doing to yours!!
                        Believe it or not, Chad's begun working on his Nova.

This is a kick ass car. Nitrous is good!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks again for the comments, its coming along slow but sure.

stopped out today at the shop for the cage work and his work is amazing. well worth every penny. im going to be towing a small trailer along for drag week so while the cars at the shop hes going to build a hitch for it also. kills 2 birds with one stone which is nice.

only thing i could use input on is a small rust problem.. the car is very solid besides my drivers door on the bottom corner. its rusted quite a bit, and is bubbling on the outside in a few places.

im kind of a picky person but would you guys worry about it? id like to do a few car shows, but mostly racing.. are people very picky over things like that or kind of look down on it?

just pondering. thanks for the input.

Comment

If some jerk were to break your balls about that, he's not worth you worrying about.

That being said, if it is going to drive you nuts, square it away. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a BS'er on Earth that would even mention it!
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              If some jerk were to break your balls about that, he's not worth you worrying about.

That being said, if it is going to drive you nuts, square it away. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a BS'er on Earth that would even mention it!
                              I sure as hell wont!

if you're fixing it for you...then fix it...if you're fixing it because you're worried some jagoff at a cruise will bust your balls..I say screw 'em, he ain't a real hot rodder...
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X