• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 79 Trans Am (the inebriated mule)

when it is doen i may have to make a trip up north

Comment

Todd, I remember a while back you were sort of out of steam and wondering where your passion went. It's seriously great to see you back at it, and with gusto. Makes me feel like a slug but don't worry about that - I AM a slug!

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, and Dippy feel free to stop in. I do have the drive back, having worked things out with the best woman I have ever known really helps. Also gas being $3.99 today is a HUGE motivator. The cattail vodka project starts in earnest next week, giving the ponds some time to thaw completely is the only reason I am not starting now.

Comment

Gas is almost to $4.10 here now... looks like its gonna keep goin up.

Did some bead blasting today, getting things ready to make this new Qjet run real good on E85. I will show what I do to them as I go, lots of pics coming.

Also started the 70 today, made a video of it running yeast pee, thought you might like to see a Qjet instead of a Holley. It doesnt have a choke and it was 40F out so it didnt want to idle very well. The next carb will be fully functional, chocke and everything. This was more of an experiment.

Comment

Its not together yet because I am waiting on the order that had the cam in it. Apparently Comp is having issues getting the blanks in or something, so its another month waiting. So I called Summit and they had the same one on the shelf, its on the way, should be here next week. Kinda annoyed with Butlers, they didnt let me know it was back ordered, I would have gotten things rolling sooner if I had known. Well here is all the parts I am using and its painted up now, I think its kinda purdy. It needs a new water pump, I am using that one to keep the paint out of the housing.

Getting back to the carb here shortly, long day today. Water heater died last Friday, and we just got it fixed today. Also got a load of pineapple from my bud at the grocery store, going to use it to make some fuel. Busy busy. Its a good thing I dont have a real job, I would never get anything done!

Comment

Finally got the cam, lifters, pushrods, rockers, and other small stuff. Decided to go with a shiny new aluminum valley pan too, keeps the crud out of the new engine. Its too chilly to work on engines today, but its supposed to warm up tomorrow and the next day. 30s are just too damn cold, my hands dont work so good and I dont want to mess with building a fire. Everything is finally here so I can build this sucker and get it moving. The only thing left to buy is a constant pressure valve body and adapter plate for the 700R4. Might just order that today. I already have a rebuild kit for the trans, just need to make sure it doesnt burn out from the TV and will bolt to my Pontiac.

Here is a pic of the parts!

Comment

roller lifters sweet
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                X