my budget project 72 chevelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my budget project 72 chevelle

i bought this car originally to sale about 8 months back. paid 4k for it. but, after cruising around in it i found myself attached to it. it has 78k original miles. the interior is all original with perfect dash, doorpanels, and carpet. its had a mat over the carpet saving it. it had the original 250 6cyl. and a glide. the trunk pan and floors are perfect. it knocked down 20mpg. driving to south ga. a few months ago. (317 miles one way). a friend of mine painted it (traded around and have $0 in the paint. and i added a set of used wheels and some tires. then i decided to add an lt1 out of a 95 z28. i found it on the internet with computer and harness for $400. i had a (tci)th350 left over from another project and installed it all together. i still need to finish a few things up but , its a blast to drive (other than having to manually shift every time i stop due to the manual valve body). the car seems to spin forever with the stock (one wheel peel) and 3.08's. reminds me of another chevelle i had in highschool (although it wasnt as nice). i'll post some pics. shortly.

Re: my budget project 72 chevelle

Comment

Comment

Comment

An error has occured

Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The incident code for this error is : papp-n03.83908275217.

Try photo bucket...We want to see it!!!!

Comment

Comment

Keep em' comming

Comment

thanks. i dont know enough about computers to post the pics. directly.

Comment

i hope to run it in the nmca truestreet event in bowling green ky and atlanta ga this year. they have target e.t. classes such as 13.0 and 12.0. i was runner up at the atl event last yr. in the 10.0 class, in my 93 t/a.

Comment

Love the green...nice looking car...So I am guessing you've got about 5 grand in it....nice, very very nice!

Comment

Very nice, and I'm with Fury on the color.

Comment

i have a little more than that in it after buying a new convertor, a painless wiring harness, and new exhaust. but, still not too bad. the car is originally green with green interior. i didnt want to dye the interior and not too many colors go good with green interior so....i kinda like the green now. i also plan on swapping to an ss hood.

Comment

I would leave it as is if it were mine, the cowl hoods are everywhere now and just dont seem to have the wow factor the once did...I like the smooth clean lines the stock hood offers....

Comment

nice car very clean, im with not doing the cowl. what i would do though is throw a mega squirt on it, check out chads that thing runs awesome, he has a motor out of a 94.

Comment

thanks for the compliments. i've heard of mega squirt but i'm not real familiar with it. the car feels like an 8.3s (1/8th) or 13.0 car right now. i plan on swapping the rocker arms to a set of 1.6s that i already have and maybe a mezeire waterpump. that should put it around 12.8s. i also have an extra n2o kit that should take it to mid 11s fairly easy. my 93 t/a still has the factory computer (93s are speed density) with a chip burned for larger injectors. its been high 9s @140.

Comment

Working...
                              X