Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my ongoing old school day2 72 camaro build .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my ongoing old school day2 72 camaro build .....

here's my on going project of a period correct day 2 camaro .... this is the type of car that you would have had in the late 70's and even the 80's . since i'm a huge baldwin motion fan and have been since the 70's it's built like what a customer would have had motion performance build for them or with the parts you bought from them also

engine :

1970 LT1 350 /365hp factory 11.1:1 pop-ups

the engine is built to baldwin motion specs for their Z/30 phase III option and the engines were built with (3) hp options of 400,425 or the 475hp drag only motor .my engine was built to the 425hp option of the Z/30 phase III motor

cam - factory over the counter GM#140 solid flat tappet cam
    257/269 @ .050 112/108LSA 493/512 lift 4200-7200rpm

heads - factory #186's with port work

intake/carb - vintage holley strip dominatorintake with winters foundry stamping date coded 12/9/75 ,2" mr gasket open hole spacer and an old style holley 750dp w/downleg boosters and progressive linkage

ignition - mallory unilite mech adv ,accel super coil and msd 6a

headers -hedman long tubes 1-3/4 dia with pan-evac fittings

vintage flex a lite "green" fiberglass flex fan

transmission -
    built Turbo 350 with 2800 stall converter

rear axle -
    factory 10 bolt welded tubes ,3.73 gears and eaton posi

tires/wheels -
    rear - vintage western 15x10 slot dish mags 3-1/8th bs mounted on N50-15 mickey thompson indy profile s/s tires

front vintage - 15x4.5 us-indy slot dish mags mounted on a set of 165-15 tires

interior -

hunsaker racing seats

older 70's style hurst pro-matic shifter
    vintage sun mech oil /water guages

items i still want to get done is to install a set of lakewood ladder bars and install a lakewood 3 point roll bar to give it more of a 70's look and maybe swap the rims to cragar s/s wheels !!

my all time favorite pic of my camaro ..... this was how my camaro looked up until last year when i was running a vintage edelbrock TR1-X t/ram with dual 660 holley center squirters ,notice the GM grump lump hood scoop

here's the 350 LT1 motor with the edelbrock TR1-X t/ram

350 LT1 with holley strip dominator and holley 750dp

cool pic showing a aggressive 70's style rake with big/little tires

here's my camaro now with a race weight L88 hood and when i can afford to i will paint the hood to match LOL!!

"if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Re: my ongoing old school day2 72 camaro build .....

Split bumper camaro's are the greatest in my book. Great you've had the car so long and continue to evolve with it.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

so.bad.ass. Friggin love it, man it looks like all the "hot rods" that roamed around my home town when I was a kid.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
        so.bad.ass. Friggin love it, man it looks like all the "hot rods" that roamed around my home town when I was a kid.
        thanks !!!!!

Comment

yeah , I heart seventies camaros
          I drove a wasted green rally sport for awhile

Comment

AWESOME! That first pic has prostock written all over it.

Too many 2nd gens out there are getting the blingmeister treatment, this one is looking perfect.
            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

thanks guys for all the very cool comments !! ;D .......... like i mentioned i've had the camaro since 2000 and have had alot of fun with it and the main reason for building it day2 oldschool is to make me feel young once again and to relive the 70's and 80's !! . like mentioned previously next couple items to be installed on my camaro is a set of lakewood ladder bars painted yellow and have a friend of mine build me a 3 point roll bar just like the old lakewood bars and have that painted orange . i'm seriously considering putting the T/ram back on as it makes the camaro look very old school but this vintage holley strip dominator looks very period correct and runs very strong with that intake

i do have quite a few air cleaners to change the look around like a vintage gold moroso 14" dia air cleaner , vintage fly eye air cleaner , V-stacks and an old edelbrock pro-flo . right now i'm using a vintage moroso cold air pan and works very well with the L88 hood . also for the interior of my camaro i'm also looking at installing a vintage jones/moroso mech tach

here's a walk around vid of my camaro and the exh note is from a period correct 11.1:1 LT1 sbc with all old school parts installed ........the cam you here is a regrind of the popular GM#140 gen 1 off-road cam with 257/269 @ .050 493/512 lift with a rpm range of 4500-7200rpm and yes the whine you here is a pete jackson "noisy" gear drive

enjoy the video ........................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYCDeUOXYTY

Comment

YES!!! Excellent job, man. That thing is killer.
                For me, it needs the tunnel ram an velocity stacks...Though that panel painted Grump Lump is sweet.
                Time Wasters...
                http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

i forgot to mention that this is also my daily driver !! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo
                    YES!!! Excellent job, man. That thing is killer.
                    For it needs the tunnel ram an velocity stacks...Though that panel painted Grump Lump is sweet.

here's a couple pics of the grump lump and it is mounted onto a L88 hood i still have and i got the idea after seeing a few pics of the joe satmary "we haul" pro stock camaro . as you can see it even has the mod done to the front of the scoop to equalize the air pressure inside the scoop to keep the front carb from going lean which was a popular mod back in the day

Comment

AWESOME! Makes me feel like a kid again. That first pic looked like it was taken about 73 or 74 in my mind..

Comment

Bad ass Camaro!!
                        Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Man, that thing is BOSS!
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Looking good Chuck,glad to see you finally made your way over to BS... ;)

Comment

if it had side pipes I might just piss myself.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X