Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 blown big block baldwin motion Tribute Camaro(70's style)driven daily

pics and video will come later

when i built this car it was built to transport me back in time. I wanted to build a car that i would have drove in the 70's. not just any car it had to be over the top.It would have been the ultimate 70's street/strip car.Back then some of the baddest cars were built to order.After doing a little homework it did not take long to figure out the platform for the build.The Camaro was the poster child for slamming big block power into a smaller car.Then in 1970 GM released the 454,but you could not get that engine in the new 1970 Camaro body.Thats were Moiton Performance fixed the problem.Now as great as the Baldwin Motion Camaro's were i still wanted more.Simple really just add a blower to any car and it is instantly better in every way.

The car is a 1970 Camaro split bumper with the Baldwin Motion paint job.side pipes and other goods compliment and carry on the 70's motion theme. The engine is a 427 big block iron heads,blower cam and an 871 blower.

I was not born until 1984 so that might give you the idea that i have no idea what it was like back in the 60's and 70's.I was raised by an old school gear head and i adopted that mind set with a passion.In fact my earliest memory is being in the back of my dads 57 chevy hard top bel-air.I think i was 3 or 4 years old at the time.I remember him popping the clutch, the front end coming up and listening to that 327 screaming while going through all 4 gears.After that day i knew i was hooked on cars- real cars HOT RODS.At age 5-6 i wanted a hot rod of my own.My dad had just bought a 1955 chevy truck and i was in love.This thing was cool it had a 350 from a chevelle in it big slicks that stuck out past the rear fenders and the original wood in the bed.I remember we striped that old truck down to rebuild it.One day i asked him if i could have the truck and build it. Ever since then all i cared about were hot rods.I wanted to have my own hot rod shop and do what i loved for a job.That was my dream as a kid,growing up and going to school that's all i talked about.Lets just say i did not really like school.I hated the hidden agenda of conformity.They always told me to go to school and college so you can learn how to work for someone els.That was not my dream i wanted to work for myself and build cars.I can finally say i have my own small,family owned and operated custom shop and living the dream is a dream come true.

Re: 1970 blown big block baldwin motion Tribute Camaro(70's style)driven daily

no pics?

Comment

pics man pics ;D

Comment

here's a pic of his camaro and he found my camaro on another website we both belong to just by searching for oldschool day2 build ups

"if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

here's a quick walk around video of his camaro ...........

drag, burnout, racing, engine, exhaust, camaro, race, street, motion, baldwin, yenko, big, block, chevy, blower, blown, supercharger, supercharged, 69, 396, 454, weiand, 6-71, 8-71, 10-71, turbo, cars, strip, Pavilions, car, show, main, mainstreet, central, cruise, cruz, cruising, cruzin, bds, the, shop, littlefield, dyers, hampton, nitrous, 427, cobra, mile, muscle

"if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

wow that is a nice looking car. i likey

Comment

it's only taken 40 years, but I think I finally like the 2nd gen Camaro.
              nice looking 2nd gen
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've always liked the 2nd gens, even more than the 1st gens. Too me they came in 3 styles, the 70-73 (my fave) the 74-77 (2nd fave) and the 78-81's
                "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Nice car! There's a blue early 70s camaro in town with a blown big block, looks kind of like that (but without the Motion paint scheme). I smile every time I see it driving around.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I really like the motion paint scheme :P

Comment

i have pics of that car somewhere on my puter, i saw it a few times when i was living in phoenix
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X