My first hot rod!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first hot rod!!!!

Well today my 96" Z/28 Hendrick's motorsports protype (1 of 1) FINALLY ;D arrived from Las Vegas after two weeks of waiting. We got a great deal from a guy up there and had it shipped out. Its a Lt1 6 speed with 3.42s, SLP oversized airbox and loudmouth exhaust and will run a 13.46 at 106.48 and 0-60 in 5.3 . Its pretty stock right now but if i find the money I'll have some long tube pacer headers and upgraded susspension.

So hear is my question what should i put my money into first? I don't want a full on drag car but i want to get a little more power on tap if i need it.
    GF:Did you motor blow up?
    Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Re: My first hot rod!!!!

Originally posted by award69129
    Well today my 96" Z/28 Hendrick's motorsports protype (1 of 1) FINALLY ;D arrived from Las Vegas after two weeks of waiting. We got a great deal from a guy up there and had it shipped out. Its a Lt1 6 speed with 3.42s, SLP oversized airbox and loudmouth exhaust and will run a 13.46 at 106.48 and 0-60 in 5.3 . Its pretty stock right now but if i find the money I'll have some long tube pacer headers and upgraded susspension.

So hear is my question what should i put my money into first? I don't want a full on drag car but i want to get a little more power on tap if i need it.
    a camshaft would be my first upgrade

Comment

skip shift eliminator, hurst shifter, cam, then headers/exhaust.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

and if it's really one of one save all the stock parts you take off

Comment

skip shift eliminator, hurst shifter, cam, then headers/exhaust.
          After reading up a litle the skip shift eliminator is the first thing that will be put on it. and yes i will be saving every last item that comes off of it
          GF:Did you motor blow up?
          Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

Working...
          X