No announcement yet.

'26 Modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a pic or two of the new engine - i think we are going in the right direction, what do you guys think?
    Attached Files
    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

This thing is coming along nicely.

The six-carbed Hemi looks soooooo bitchin'
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Make me the weird one out but I liked the XK I6 idea better...

Still amazing fab work and it's your car so make it what you want.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13 View Post
          This thing is coming along nicely.

The six-carbed Hemi looks soooooo bitchin'
          I thought the I6 was cool...but man oh man...that thing will be a friggin' rocket ship.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This is a funny site... "no, don't put a snotty hemi in it, use the six cylinder!" lmao. Why am I laughing? The six sounded like a great idea to me also.

It's gonna look nasty with that mill. Or is that Gnarly? It'll look great. Do it. : )
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hell, set it up to use both, LOL

Comment

what did you do to get the front crossmember to go back in the frame ?
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  what did you do to get the front crossmember to go back in the frame ?
                  I made a cut right at the firewall to let the rails spread back apart and then welded it all back together, the gap was small.

Comment

The heat has slowed things down.
                    I have a front axle in the jig that sets the spindle at ride height. I split the wishbones and have tacked tubing adaptors and have early tierod ends installed. The frame was cut and a tapered seat tacked into the frame as a receiver for the tierod end. I made shackle mounts and have them welded to the bones and have the front spring connected. I cut the motor mounts from 1X3 tube and have them tacked until i pull the engine and weld all around. The engine is solid mounted. I have a tranny, 40ish ford 3 speed with open drive and have cut the driveshaft to fit. We've started playing with the k-member crossmember design and hope to have that done this week.
                    Attached Files

Comment

No L6 now? I think the Hemi will require a bit more frame reinforcements to keep it from twisting into a pretzel.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X