05 Mustang Drag Week Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice.

The suspension stuff is easy, getting the engine done is key. Just make sure to square everything up when you throw the k-member etc together. It can take the better part of a day, with plumb bobs, tape, markers, tape measures and a flat floor to get everything tweaked to square.
    I'm still learning

Comment

Gona sound dumb but I had not thought much about that type of detail on the K member. Thank you I will take my time and do it right.

Comment

You not only need to make it square to the chassis, you need to make it square to the rear-end.

Its not hard work, its tedious detail work.

Since I do it rather frequently, I found that going out and buying an 8 foot long metal ruler to be a real help. And once you've gone through the process, you want to add hard points on the chassis for centerline and convenient other measuring points. That way you can quickly adjust things in the field, if need be. Now, I don't pretend to know how often you adjust drag car suspensions, but we do it rather routinely on roadracing cars.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Sorry I don't have pics I had to leave for work in a hurry and left my touch pad with pics at home. Installed the BMR k member and tube A arms all went well and pretty easy. Was just picking up the engine up when I got called out. Also put the new front runners on and they look great!. I will add pics as soon as I can.

Comment

Working...
          X