LQ4 55 chevy project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LQ4 55 chevy project

havent posted in awhile. couldnt find my original thread. i've been puting together a 55 210 post since late winter. finally got it on the road. still needs a lot of work, tho. engine is a stock lq4 6.0 ltr out of an 03 2500 truck. swapped to an 01 intake with cable style t/b. only mods are 1 3/4 jethot coated headers and gmpp musclecar oilpan. trans. is a th/350 and i swapped to an 8.5 10 bolt with 3.42 gears. computer has been set up for speed density due to my lack of maf. still needs to be tuned. took it to the track for the first time last night. 85 temps and 92% humidity (was muggy!). ran 8.0s every pass going thru the traps in 2nd gear (8th mile). should be good for 12.5-12.6s in the 1/4. goona try to get a buddy to data log it and tune it this week. car runs smooth and full 2.5 exhaust and full interior.
    i'm hoping for better e.t.'s with the tune. i'm sure temps will help out too. may do a cam swap in the near future.

Comment

Comment

Great looking install. Can't argue with those LS's haul the mail, even mostly stock and out of tune.

CAn you show us more of the car?
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

i'll hafta snap some more photo's. nothing really much to see. lol.
          i swapped the seats out of a 98 chrysler concorde. (pull-a-part set for $71) and sold the old seats. they were ruff and needed some of the springs replaced as well as needed new pad and covers. the concorde seats look good with the head rests removed and are comfortable. rear seat also looks right in the car. got that info from trifive.com. i still need doorpanels and a new headliner and carpet. current headliner although in good shape looks like something from a 70s vynal sofa. lol carpet someone had added looks cheap and non molded. its missing one doorpanel and the other i think was made from a vest worn in the "planet of the apes" movie. lol

Comment

That sounds sweet, I want to do a 6.0 swap on my C10. What did you use for engine management? The Planet of the Apes vest makes me very curious to see the inside. I wonder what they were thinking.

Comment

stock pcm a friend had swapped it to speed density for me. i bought the pcm and harness from him for $400 ready to bolt in. computer had to already been "unlocked". i think thats around $100-150 to do. harness was already labeled made for an easy install. i did have a problem getting it running at first. wouldnt crank with the factory 55 key switch. once i ran power from the pcm to a switch, it fired right up.

Comment

mounted pcm inside drivers fender for cleaner look.

Comment

chrysler concorde seats. i havent bolted the rear down yet.

Comment

said "planet of the apes" door panel. i know i've seen a gorilla wear this for a vest. lol

Comment

This would be my dream car. Put an 8 liter whipple on it.

Comment

Nice 55! I like the LT1 swap, almost looks like it came from the factory. That's a fun looking car ya got there, not afraid to drive it!
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

thanks for the complements. took it back to the track tonight for the tues. night street drags. we data logged the car and found it had 19 degrees total timing! had gone [email protected]. upping the timing to 32 picked the car up to [email protected] (only made one motor pass due to time). sprayed it the next pass with 100 shot and no bottle psi. [email protected].
                          i order some exhaust cut outs i'll try to install them this week.

Comment

pic from tues night.

Comment

took the 55 back to the track, tonight. 7.82 with the cut outs open(i would have thought better e.t.'s than that). with bottle psi up and 135 dry shot 6.99 in the 8th! which is one of the first goals i wanted to achieve with this car. should be about 10.9s in the 1/4 on that tune up (IF i could get it stopped at that speed!) lol

Comment

Working...
                              X