'63 falcon facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 falcon facelift

Ok, so we went to a show the other night and brought the falcon. After about the third time the DJ had some bullshit to say about the "ugly gray car at the end", I was ready to feed the mother f***er his microphone. SO, instead of going to jail for assault, I've decided to finally paint the it.I got up yesterday morning and got the roof ready before it got too hot. Its in etching primer, but not sanded yet. I stripped down the driver's side parts door from my spare car, thinking it was better, but after pulling out the upright felt, some of the window frame came with it. Well, here the start to the thing I hate the most- BODYWORK.Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	877731Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 008.jpg
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	877740Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 011.jpg
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	877739Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 017.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	877738Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 015.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	877737Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 012.jpg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	877736Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 010.jpg
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	877735Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 016.jpg
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	877734Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 014.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	877733Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 018.jpg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	877732Click image for larger version

Name:	paint resto 013.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	877741

need details, man...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well, if I can find it in a gallon, here's the color- http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/1/1...t-bfm0187.html with 2 clear coats. Got the roof wet sanded tonight and the trunk lid. I have to fix a couple of spots with filler, but its in overall pretty good shape. More pictures tomorrow.

Comment

If I can't find that, then I'll have to settle for this with my own flake added, but that sounds easy to mess up.

Comment

Almost looks like the same color as my Lightning.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Nice ride!
            Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Oh, I love early Falcons! I would have left it in primer just to piss the DJ off even more. Yeah, we need details! BTW, where is Little Falls?
              Last edited by Huskinhano; July 26, 2011, 03:03 PM.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Litlle Falls is in central NY, between Albany and Syracuse. Got most of the filler applied last night, but got too dark to see. I found another front pass. side fender in N.H., waiting for pics. I started knocking the old bondo off, and discovered it was 3/4" thick on the corner. Looks like somebody DWI ed into a parking pole. Well, off to breathe some fiberglass!!

Comment

Man I feel ya, body work is consuming my life lately. At least you dont have much rust to deal with. Looks like its going to come out nice, keep bringing the pics man!

Tell the DJ to eat a bag of d***s, its a hotrod, what the hell does he drive? If he is rollin a minivan he has nothing to rip on anyone else about.

Comment

Well, the guy with the fender called back, winner chicken dinner. $100, plus shipping. Here's some more pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gearhed1971 View Post
                      Well, the guy with the fender called back, winner chicken dinner. $100, plus shipping. Here's some more pics
                      Keep up the good work ,you will have a nice Falcon
                      Danny/Zachary
                      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                        Tell the DJ to eat a bag of d***s, its a hotrod, what the hell does he drive?
                        ROFLMAO! Couldn't have said it any better than that!

Considering where you live, the rust and damage isn't too bad. Keep at it. It's looking good!
                        Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

The body man that applied the Bondo must have been a sculptor. Boy that was thick!

We're looking to move to PA soon. Our place is about 60 miles below Binghampton (sp?) in Wyoming co.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Yeah, PA. is nice, just can't take the 400 miles of road construction. Drove down to look at a vette last year and it was nonstop concrete wall all the way to Pittsburg.

Comment

Well, have some updates- We had our local anaual car show today, 2nd place modified. The best part was it was presented by the pain in the ass mouthy dj that spurned me to do the body work. HA!! Eat sh*t buddy.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X