1965 Chevelle overdue project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Chevelle overdue project

Well I figured it is about time to continue on with this project that was started back in 2007 and has been sitting dormant for a long while. I wish I could say that the 4 years since has been normal, what happened could happen anywhere, you see our only daughter was diagnoised with breast cancer. She fought hard for a year and half before secoming to it at the age of 28. I think about her everyday. What we get to do is raise her 3 wonderful children,(already drag strip kids). So this is my therapy to start were I left off and see it to completion. I
    Attached Files

Sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how tough it is to lose a child. I'd get all the grandkids involved in rebuilding this, nothing like a hot rod to bring a family even closer.
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Thanks, it is something no one ever expects to happen. The kids are quite young 8, 6 and 2 1/2 but they do love the drags.

Comment

I need to include some of the specs for the car:The car is pretty buried right now, it has a lot of my daughters clothes in bags inside of it. And there is also many boxes from her place, I need to go throught each one. The car currently has a Strange S60 with 4.10 gears, a spool with pro race axles. This was the first S60 that Strange sold for an early Chevelle. It has tubular lowers and adjustable uppers and competition eng. Shocks, but still needs the back brakes installed. Up front it has discs off a 72 chevelle, moroso springs, and all the bushings are urethane. It has manual steering and power disc brakes.
        The Powerglide is built by me, it has a 1.76 gear and a full manual valve body since this is a footbrake car. It also has Raybestos Blue Plate Special frictions, a hardened hub, and oversized drum bushing. It took a long time to do all of the pump modifications, and to plan for the turbo input shaft. The end clearance has yet to be done, for the converter it

Comment

Here is an Dart Little M 400 with 400 mains, it has a Scat steel crank and Scat 7/16 I-beam rods with Probe pistons on the other end. The heads are Dart 215 Platinums with 1.6 Comp rockers and a stud girdle, and moving the valves is a big Crane mechanical roller 118751 (look up the specs). On top is a ported raised runner Bowtie manifold with a 830 cfm Holley, as for the exhaust it took a lot of looking (I have time on hands to find stuff) I looked at headers for early Chevelles, “wow am I paying down the nations debt”. Started at 900 and up to 1300, and a lot of companies don’t carry race headers for this car. Finally bought a set of Schoenfelds, I was surprised at how well they are made, with 1 7/8 primaries and 3

Comment

So this where I’m starting from, I got a lot to do, but my goal is insight. This has got to be the best therapy that a guy could have. Oh and do I have other projects, yes, a 1979 Malibu wagon with a high compression 305? (I got it for free, put cast flattops, shaved 416 heads with a thin gasket, right at 10.3:1) is all premium fuel baby! I don’t care, got 1800 in it (the whole car). That car is a different story.

Comment

sorry about your daughter

nice car

Comment

Soooooo.......................... where's the pics of the Malibu wagon? Might need to start another build thread for that puppy.
                Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Hmmm...well need to get some pics n' post it. It's not my daily driver, just fun to take out and do some right foot cardio.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I have two of my own and I can't imagine.

Dig that thing out and show us lots of pictures!
                    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Nothing worse for a parent than out living your child. I'm so sorry. At least your grandkids are with people they know and love.

Great Chevelle. Keep up the therapy.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ditto on the loss of your daughter. Friends of ours just lost there son on the 9th. He was 29. He use to play and tour with Panic in the disco. He had a bad allergic reaction to poison sumac.

I have a soft spot for 65's. I use to own a hard top I bought of my cosign in the late 70's. It was a 283, 3 on the tree. It was beige with red interior. I installed a 350, T10 and a friend painted it black. That was a fun car, lots of good memories.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

cool project, can't wait to see it unburied
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thank you guys for the support, this has been a long road. I do need to recognize some people here who helped me, first off Pete down at Hughes Performance, a really great friend and gets me good deals on stuff. Then Bill K. who did of the most of the machining on the engine, the guy did awesome work. Then Roger at Standard Machine had to put it together for me(I herniated a disc in my back and couldn't do anything for a while) did a super job on it inspite of me wanting to make changes to the combo every 4 days(man of patience). This engine/trans would not have happened without these great guys!!!

Comment

Sorry for you los P&D, I could not imagine the pain you have endured. Get them kids out there and get them wrenching....looking forward to seeing this car progress...best of luck!
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X