Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes!

Comment

• Slow progress. Still bolting on parts and resisting the urge to start it up!

Comment

• Good girl is back up and running. Had a hard time with the headers. They are very tight in there. Rattle canned a paint job on the hood for now. Would like to color match it later.

Still alot of work left. Have to recover the front buckets. Put in a new turn signal switch. Attach the door seals. Look into steel rims and dog dish caps.
        Attached Files

Comment

• oooooooo-lots of Ford Fairlane work going on at both sides of the country-well actually I guess you are closer to the middle maybe. Anyway, that thing looks awesome-I like the black hood against the red fenders-is that hood a Crites? Loving the 2x4 setup-I want one.....but I need to make mine run and drive first. look for an update next!
          67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
          05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

• Originally posted by stage1scott View Post
            oooooooo-lots of Ford Fairlane work going on at both sides of the country-well actually I guess you are closer to the middle maybe. Anyway, that thing looks awesome-I like the black hood against the red fenders-is that hood a Crites? Loving the 2x4 setup-I want one.....but I need to make mine run and drive first. look for an update next!

Yes that is a Crites hood. Still working out the 2x4 set up. Not sure about the black hood. I like how yours is paint matched to your car. It is better than the grey color it was before, and for 35 dollars it was cheap for now.

Comment

• Looks great Aaron!
              Sorry the headers turned out to be such a hassle...
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• what headers are those? they look a nightmare, but most are in these things. I scored the coated FPA headers on mine for a deal used, but I have to say-the #7 lower bolt CAN NOT be accessed with the transmission in the car. It must be moved in and out through the space occupied by the flywheel. and now that it is nearly done, my collectors are starting to look like an issue.....I'm never done either!
                Last edited by stage1scott; October 1, 2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• I was winterizing the girls today. They both had a rare moment in the sun. It is nice not having to push them in and out. Here are some pictures of them. The picture without the motors in them, and now back together. That was alot of work.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Two perfect beauties. What are the specs for the rims/tires on each car? I'm wondering what I can fit on the Cyclone with stock suspension and wheel tubs.
                    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• That hood is so bad ass, in your face, subtle as a hand grenade in your oatmeal. I'd put the dual scooped one on the other car. Just me.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• it's a shame you even have to use the word winterize...here winterizing is a can of octane booster to offset the shittier gas we get oct-may. been driving mine around a little, yours look great!

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                          Two perfect beauties. What are the specs for the rims/tires on each car? I'm wondering what I can fit on the Cyclone with stock suspension and wheel tubs.
                          Both cars have basically the same set up.
                          Front: Tires P205/75R15 Rims are 15X6 with a 3.5 in Back Space.
                          Rear: Tires P275/60R15 Rims are 15X8 with a 4.5 in Back Space.

I am looking into running spring relocators, which puts the spring inside the frame rail and allows you to run a bigger tire.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            That hood is so bad ass, in your face, subtle as a hand grenade in your oatmeal. I'd put the dual scooped one on the other car. Just me.
                            Are you talking of the 66 Comet Cyclone hood?

Comment

• Originally posted by stage1scott View Post
                              it's a shame you even have to use the word winterize...here winterizing is a can of octane booster to offset the shittier gas we get oct-may. been driving mine around a little, yours look great!
                              They are calling for rain/snow mix on Tuesday. Glad to see you got yours running, drive it like you stole it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordman View Post
                                Both cars have basically the same set up.
                                Front: Tires P205/75R15 Rims are 15X6 with a 3.5 in Back Space.
                                Rear: Tires P275/60R15 Rims are 15X8 with a 4.5 in Back Space.

I am looking into running spring relocators, which puts the spring inside the frame rail and allows you to run a bigger tire.
                                Many thanks. I looked at the Crites leaf spring relocator kit that's posted on their site, reasonably priced but it seems a lot of work.
                                Good to know that a 275/60-15 will fit out back, that's as big as I want to go.
                                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                                X