Good Girl, Bad Girl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my projets

kinda ironic, this is the car i built with my father. These old mustang are so much fun, almost everything is aftermarket available, its like putting together a big mail order model car. Funny thing about this car, He used to have one very similar to it previously. It was Wimbledon white with blue stripes, sprayed. He was at a buddies house fixing a dime size ding when the garage caught fire and burned the house down. They heard the ceramic pressure release valve blow off the cars nitrous system from the street. He bought the car back from the insurance company and salvaged the long block, muncie 4spd, and 9 inch rear (random other stuff too). They all reside in this car now(rebuilt of course). Cranky fits the blown 302 nicely

Cheers to building a mustang in the garage with dad

Comment

You guys are so lucky to have come from "car Dads"

My Dad has one all consuming hobby -- golf -- and for the past few years, I pretty much only play golf when we get together - it's enjoyable - just knowing he's having fun - but, I so much wish that he would appreciate the car hobby - he enjoys taking rides in the old stock '54 belair sedan - but - he just doesn't get my mechanical fascinations.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I love the Comet.....sell it to me!!!

j/k....very cool stable of cars!!

Ax

Comment

I remember when I brought the car home after buying it with the summer job money. I saw the ad and fell in love with it. I bought it and towed it home. Without asking my parents, boy did that cause some trouble. My mother was furious and wanted me to take it the junk yard. My Father stepped in and said leave him alone. I don't know what that cost him but I am thankful to him. His reasoning was to keep me off the streets and out of trouble.

Here is the car when I brought it home in 1987.

Had to replace everything cowls, pans, trunkpans.

He helped me as much as he could. I owe him a lot.

Comment

I'm with Milner. My Dad HATED cars and did everything he could to get me to pursue ANYTHING else as a vocation. I got the last laugh, as I'm one of the few people I know who actually enjoyed my work. Just before he died, he did apologize and said the he just didn't understand. I guess that's the best he had to offer.

Dan

Comment

Started to stuff the V8 into the Fairmont.

Comment

You have an awesome collection. Never sell that mustang. The comet is just as cool in my opinion. Keep us posted on progress with the fairmont.
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I like that Comet too. Those '66 Comets were kinda sinister look'in 8). I have a '64 202 2-Door Sedan. Black in 'an out. 200-Six,PS,somewhat rare Power Drums & Radio-Delete. Very 'Elliot-Ness' 8). ~OO6.

Comment

Thanks for posting all the pics and especially the back story about you and your dad. By the way, I love the Comet too!

My Dad and I have shared the same passion for cars my whole life. He didn't quite have the mechanical aptitude but he loves cars. As I got older he nurtured my interest in them and encouraged me to learn more about how they work. He has always helped me with my cars and I do most of the work on his. I am very blessed to have had my Dad there to take me to the races and shows and to hang out with and talk about cars. He is still with us and although I don't get to see him as much with my own family and career, we still make time to hang out when we can.

Comment

Re: my projects

Thanks everybody! I'm currently working on this Fairmont with my 12 year old son. He sees the hot cars and thinks that they look that way always. I am trying to teach him cars, and he is teaching me patience. Together will hopefully will reach a nice car.

Comment

I love the Mustang and Comet. Good luck on all your projects, can't wait to see more.

My dad played shade tree mechanic as I grew up but he never really showed me anything and prefered to work on the cars by himself. As I got older I got into computers heavily and built a career around them. Now that I'm on my butt all day in a chair cars are my hobby, stress relief, and only form of excercise. Dad loves my Nova project and pesters me day after day about when it's going to be finished because he wants a ride. At first he didn't like my Mustangs (Chevy fanatic) even though he's the reason I found and picked up Rustang. He's warming up to the blue Mustang...I'm waiting for him to ask me to drive it. He FINALLY let me help him work on his vehicles, it's a lot of fun.

Comment

NEW TOY!!! NEW TOY!!!! A new toy has been added. 1966 Fairlane 2 door post

Have to due some more work to her!!!! Winter project.

Comment

Nice Fairlane! I had a '66 GT 4 speed 390, copper w/parchment interior. It was a BEAUTIFUL car, but always handled funny in the rear. Have fun with the fleet!

Dan

Comment

NICE, like the post cars....very nice....ever get anywhere with the Fairmont?

Comment

Great rides! Love the stang storie, I am very lucky my self to be a second gen car guy. I am very great full for all nights in the garage with dad and our close freinds evan the nights of last minute thrashing, yelling at each other and thoughing wrenches. And now that dad is gone I have his car to remeber him by and it always feels special to drive it.

Comment

Working...
                                X