No announcement yet.

1985 Monte carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the motor and trans out of the monte for a few weeks. IM sidetracked by building a garage. I've got a 400sbc 2 bolt main together, short block is together other than the balancer and oil pump. Everything is either here on on the way. I need to go pull the pan and pickup off an old 267 i have and weld the pickup onto the (thick casting) h-55a pump. Still have to drill the steam holes and change the springs. Transmission is a 70 th350 with superior shiftkit and 2500 stall. Only thing I'm debating on is eletric fans, I have several sets, including one from a Saab that if they fit, im going to run.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I can do wheelies.

Comment

Just drilled the steamholes in the heads for the 400, talk about the internet making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
          Just drilled the steamholes in the heads for the 400, talk about the internet making a mountain out of a mole hill.
          Just go off the gasket and drill... Really no biggy... But very needed holes

Comment

roller rockers wont clear factory valvecovers, no?

Comment

roller rockers wont clear factory valvecovers, no?
              Sorry not the "proper" ones.. Roller tip ones that look like stock ones with rollers will..
              Got after market tall valve covers on one derby motor.. Those are aluminum roller rockers and lots lift..

Comment

Bout two hours today and it was out. Need to start cleaning the bay.

Comment

yeah never under stood that lol oiling mods do an olds are more involved
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Engine bay is clean. Ready for Motor and trans to go back in. I guess I need to notch the trans crossmember for duals before I drop them in. Carb plate mounts for lifting seem very unsafe.

Comment

painted the frame and dropped in in.

I decided against stock valvecovers, i think, I dont know what to go with and want to here yalls options. I like a Stockish/black look.

Comment

And I can pick up a set off roller rockers in the future.

Comment

Comment

my 85 monte carlo had a different bracket setup than my older cars have had. One bolted to a hole in the drivers side front of teh block than my current 74 400 doesn't have. Im lost as to how the brackets were for one, i have serious memory issues. I've got Tri-Y headers that turn down and back as soon as they come out.

I think the older bracket setups had the bigger ac compressor
                            Last edited by kyhunter89; August 26, 2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Do you need different brackets?
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

The 85 Monte used the short style ac compressor. As long as your heads have acc holes in them you should be fine. I'm doing a head swap on my 400 equipped 80 malibu with 80's Monte brackets now. If you need pics or have questions let me know.
                                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Working...
                                X