No announcement yet.

1985 Monte carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started off the day getting new wheels and tires. 285/70r17 Cooper atp's on 17x9 -12 XD addicts. Which was supposed to fit without rubbing with the truck leveled. Most people have issues with the tires rubbing the back of the fenderwell. Mine was rubbing badly on the front bumper. I have pictures of before and after the trimming. The trim happened after this picture. While the grinder was out, I whacked the tailpipe off, which currently looks unfinished and dumb. I then debadged the tailgate. Tomorrow I'll probably remove the Z71 and SLE stickers from the side and fix the exhaust.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• before

after

Comment

• I'm going to sound like a tire salesman, but I love the Cooper ATP s. I needed a tire that looked aggressive but rode and handled well as I drive 500 miles a week. I have been through mud and over 10" of snow. They make no noise on dry pavement and feel firmer going around corners. They have done fine everywhere other than very deep mud.

Comment

• tire salesman.

lol. Hey, that Monte Carlo got huge!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• I liked seeing those here when the cults kept them going.

there was an all black one, intentionally no stickers, no brand.
              4 seconds in the eighth, back to normal fuel and drive it home.

looks good. White with the modern LED lamps is something to stare at. Very vivid.

nice tires on the gm, I bought an older one with coopers at3. The tire sizing stuff is well written at gm-trucks.com
              the same sizing went through 2 generations.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 15, 2015, 08:05 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Still have the Monte, and the White Truck. Truck has a built trans and a rebuilt gen 4 5.3 in it, doesn’t get many miles put on it now. Same ATPs I put on it are still there.

the Gen 4 5.3 out of the truck and a th400 are going in the Monte this winter, or the plans headed in that direction. Having a buddy go through engine and trans then I’ll have him swap the car. I keep myself pretty busy racing my bike.

My Harley StreetGlide has been transitioned into a race bike and I’ve won the last two Harley Tournaments at Beech Bend. I’m having a Rigid Frame Groundpounder with a S&S 113 built into a race bike now. Having some wiring issues with the can sensor and pulling hair out now. After we get it running, it’ll get new pistons, cam and nitrous.

Comment

Working...
                X