• 1985 Monte carlo

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Looks granny fresh. Very nice.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

wow double take

mine had the tan interior though. it was the roughest 40,000 mile car i have ever bought. interior showed the true age though

i also had the gutless 4.3L TBI with 90RWHP that managed to blow up the THM200C 3 speed
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Great to see that at least one of these cars has escaped the fate of being painted like a bass boat and having giganticly stoopid wheels installed.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yep, and now to do it up gearhead style. Nice score!
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Planning on taking the front mudflaps off. waxing the paint, charging the A/C, 8" and 6" rallys in either black or silver wiht 275 or 255/60/15 and 235 or 225/60/15's. Headers and duals. Maybe a 350 or 400 someday. Not sure about how to keep the A/C with headers or the black or silver rallys. Advice?

Granny fresh and Garage kept. Shame the garage door had the two little windows that turned the back bumper brown.

Comment

nice. id probably burn though the paint all over trying to polish it up. looks good. ther eis a white one up the street from me a real old lady has, nice, but she put a few dents in it.

Comment

Theres a smudge/dent place on the front drivers fender where it meets the header panel. The lady was my third cousin and been in a garage a mile from my house and she passed two years ago. Only drove to Bowling Green (nearest wet town) on fridays and church on sundays. 89xxx miles

Comment

Interior has cleaned up nice. The ac compressor is cycling on and off everyfew seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                    Planning on taking the front mudflaps off. waxing the paint, charging the A/C, 8" and 6" rallys in either black or silver wiht 275 or 255/60/15 and 235 or 225/60/15's. Headers and duals. Maybe a 350 or 400 someday. Not sure about how to keep the A/C with headers or the black or silver rallys. Advice?

Granny fresh and Garage kept. Shame the garage door had the two little windows that turned the back bumper brown.
                    Nice!

Monte Carlo Rallye's are 7" - the vette ones are 8. 235 60 15's fit quite nice in the front. It's about all the tire that rim will hold. Much bigger than that and you can hit up Stich for the 2 8" rallye's he just picked up (I think he got 6). They'd go well in the back with a 275, but you might want to check with the G Body forums and see if the 8 will fit with that tire in the back. I'm pretty sure they will... but I'd still check. Your speedo will be foobar with any 15" wheel, I just figured out mine was like 15% wrong and tried to adjust by brain.

Long tube headers are generally 1.5" for the Chev and it just falls in there with them. The AC has an accessory "bracket" that fits with headers. It's a funky looking deal, but supposed to work. I pulled my compressor, so I didn't have to sweat it. Same story as with the old ride on the x-member. Whack the f* out of it and you'll have room for 2.25 pipes. It's a lot of whacking, but it's free. I didn't have a clearance problem even with the cable / B&M shifter I had in mine. Summit turbos are still pretty cheap and are mellow as hell. If you want something louder (please gawd, no 2 chamber flows) I'd look at Hooker Aeroflow or something with a straight through design.

The bumper is vinyl right? Vinyl dye. No problem.
                    Last edited by Beagle; September 5, 2011, 03:37 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

They say the 275's will fit on the back. I had them on my 78 malibu, and had to trim the lips off the quarters. I also may want to go lower later so I'm going to go with the 255's, I do need 2 8" rallys though.

The headers I have for a g-body are 1 5/8 as most are. Any fabricating I need is free and access to pretty much anything.

Comment

yup widest tire that fits on the factory rim is a 235. i tryed to put a 255 on the checkard board rims and it was not happening

this was when i picked the car up had a 225 front and 235 rear. and 5 diffrent brands of tires lol
                        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Im Basing everything off of this. 275 and 235/60 on 7&8's

Comment

im not a gm guy, but id take a monte or a malibu for sure, id save every penny and beg, borrow, steal, and sell where ever i could to stick a stock 6.0 and some kind of od trans in it, 4l60 or t56.

Comment

things change in twenty five or more years... all I could find was 1.5 in '86. Lol.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X