Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1983 5TH Ave (Serious SMACK-talking here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1983 5TH Ave (Serious SMACK-talking here)

Originally posted by dulcich
    First pass I ran a 14.712 @ 94.15mph, blew my shift and ended up in third ???.
    RD holeshotted me and ran a 14.888 @ 95.02, crossed the stripe first though.

It was supposed to be best 2 out of 3, it was getting late, as the track was packed, RD headed home.

My second and last pass was a 14.39 at 101.23; got the shift right this time. Shifted a little conservative though, at 6100; 6400 might have been a little faster.

With the peg-leg and 2.73 gear and auto, it is slow out of the hole (2.263 best 60ft). Even with M/T ET-Drags it spins the right tire off the line. 101+ MPH should be good for mid 13's with gears and a limited-slip. I think the 5th was faster on this given night, but RD is going in for a dyno tune on Wends.
    -dulcich
    I'd say get a gear vendors overdrive and put 3.55s in the rear with a bolt on locker.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
      First pass I ran a 14.712 @ 94.15mph, blew my shift and ended up in third ???.
      RD holeshotted me and ran a 14.888 @ 95.02, crossed the stripe first though.

It was supposed to be best 2 out of 3, it was getting late, as the track was packed, RD headed home.

My second and last pass was a 14.39 at 101.23; got the shift right this time. Shifted a little conservative though, at 6100; 6400 might have been a little faster.

With the peg-leg and 2.73 gear and auto, it is slow out of the hole (2.263 best 60ft). Even with M/T ET-Drags it spins the right tire off the line. 101+ MPH should be good for mid 13's with gears and a limited-slip. I think the 5th was faster on this given night, but RD is going in for a dyno tune on Wends.
      -dulcich
      We both had issues before even getting on the track. Dulcich's car had a starter that wouldn't engage half the time. His tranny would puke fluid on the exhaust right after he put it in gear. My shifter got jammed into first while we were in the staging lanes. I had to jack the car up right there and unjam it and tighten a loose nut. I'm now sporting two spots of second degree burns on my wrist. I hate getting burned! I hate it!. I raced with tools and a jack and a whole bunch of other crap in the trunk.

After watching a bunch of guys sleeping at the lights all night; I was determined not to be one of them and cut one of my best lights. .048 to Dulcich's .314. Besides, he showed up with slicks and a 750 BG carb instead of his BFG's and AFB carb. My car bogged big time off the line with a 2.45 60 ft to his tire spinning 2.35. My car was falling over flat at 4500 rpm and sagged all together in third. I would've lost if it weren't for the hole shot. Turns out I had three spark plugs loose. One wasn't even finger tight and compression was blowing by it big time. I discovered this at the car show the next morning.

We both decided we needed a rematch.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hey, Dulcich. I'm curious to know how long you waited before your next run?

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Round two...kewl. Get pics/vid this time, the audience demands it! ;D
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I took this pic of the lines waiting to get for the test n tune then my camera batteries croaked. I really wish race tracks would sell batteries!

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              Hey, Dulcich. I'm curious to know how long you waited before your next run?
              Time slip reads 0:17 AM, not sure how long, first pass was at 10:44 PM, but we wasted a whole lot of time before I got back into the staging lanes.
              -dulcich

Comment

waaaa....waaaa....waaaaa, a second.

Dulcich...you went .314 at the tree?

Did they ask you to breath into a mirror to determine if you were still technically alive at the top end?

A frozen corpse usually goes .150-.200.... ;D

Did I mention that I'll be at Engine Masters this year so you can punch me in the nuts? ;D

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Actually, Dulcich was one of the faster guys off the reaction time. There were a whole mess of .750 lights, even with cars that did low 10's. Two guys had 1.25 seconds. Then a ton of guys red lighted. A mediocre bracket racer would've cleaned house that night.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X