• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inlinefever
    replied
    Re: New Inline Ford Project

Thanks!

Now my tow vehicle/daily driver truck has the 300 6....and yes I agree with you that the 300 6 was one of the best motors Ford ever made! ;D

Leave a comment:

• Freiburger
    replied

Wow, that's three Ford inliners on the site. How cool.

Leave a comment:

• HillbillySailor
    replied

Oh, okay. I always thought that the 300 was one of the best engines Ford ever made. Nice engine and Mustang by the way! ;D

Leave a comment:

• inlinefever
    replied

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
    Any reason you can't run the 300 I-6?
    No reason I couldnt. I'd thought about it a few years ago but Classic Inlines introduced the new aluminum head this past summer for the small 6 so I'm staying with it.

Leave a comment:

• HillbillySailor
    replied

Any reason you can't run the 300 I-6?

Leave a comment:

• inlinefever
    started a topic New Inline Ford Project

New Inline Ford Project

Its somthing differant in a 66 Mustang than your standard 289/302.....

1978 200 inline 6 ;D

Bored .060 over, balanced, 0 decked, 11:1 compression Clay Smith 274 duration .480 lift cam, RAS 1.6 ratio roller rockers, Classic Inlines performance balancer, double roller timing chain & gears, hardened pushrods, 7 qt oil pan, aluminum valve cover, dual out headers and 3500 rpm stall convertor.

Plus its got the new Classic Inlines Aluminum head and 4 Bbl intake, so no more integral intake and puny carb!

DUI distro, Accel wires, ARP rod bolts & head studs, 600 cfm Holley 4 bbl and 3:80 gears.

It weighs 2756 lbs with me and a 1/4 tank of gas. And yes the car has been put on a diet.

The best it ran last summer was a 15.28 @ 89 mph (1/4 mile) with a horrible 2.28 60' time boiling the right rear tire. Needs a trac loc.....

I race it at least twice a month....my local track is in Michigan and its a 153 mile round trip but I dont complain!

Just dropped the short block in tonite. Engine needed freshening up and the head gets dropped off monday at the machine shop for some new larger intake valves.

looking for mid 14's @ 93 mph this summer. N/A no power adder....not bad for 206 cubic inches.

Later,

Doug
Working...
X