• Show
Clear All

• Congrats! Did you get the TT or V8? Burnout video or it didn't happen
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Thanks! It's the 2.7... pretty much a girlie truck with a cushy berth. I went to buy one with 3.73's and the only junk left on the lot were 3.31 trucks. They made up for it in price I guess, and it does have a locker. It pulls okay, runs harder than a 5.3 Chevy anyway. I'm about to put the toy trailer behind it and see what happens. I'll have to give it a few miles and see. I can't help but think some 4.10's would help it, but it's a go to work toaster so I may just leave it be. It says it got 23.4 average for the first 100 miles so I'm guessing 20mpg. Most of it was at 75-80 into a 20+ mph head wind. I can live with that. With a 36 gallon tank, it will be a few days before I can calculate it.
      Last edited by Beagle; December 11, 2016, 09:15 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Believe it or not, those on-board fuel calculators are about as good as you can get shy of some really expensive instrumentation. The old "drive it 'till it needs fuel and divide the miles by the gallons (or is that the other way around? Math is not my strong suite)" is surprisingly fallible. How full is full, how empty is empty, how reproducable is your driving cycle, what's the weather (including barometer) - all this stuff matters. We tried that at EPA for an on-road program and believe me it really doesn't work all that well. The best way to make that work is to get LOTS of data (lots of tankfulls) so that the variables sort of wash out due to the sample size. I just go with my on-board instrumentation and more or less believe it.

Dan

Comment

• I'm in Texas, so duplicating conditions is almost impossible. You can't drive 10 minutes in one direction and get the same weather on the return trip. Haha.

This is supposed to be a stripped down model, but they did spend some time on the programming of the trip computer. Trip A and Trip B keep independent economy and ET numbers. The white F250 was very generous with it's estimates, generally 10 percent high based on miles/gallons calculated from the pump receipt. I'll have to check a few tanks before I have an idea with this one. It's just an approximation for me, but it's close enough... the biggest variables I notice are wind and fuel price. My foot gets consistently heavier when fuel prices are down. Wind, well, you already know about wind with your LSR experiences...

Speaking of LSR... Damn city trucks. I drove over a box yesterday that I wouldn't have thought twice about with anything else I drive currently and it stuck on the lower air dam..I'm going to have to pay attention to curbs when I'm parking it. Also has it's first paint chip already, tiny, but present. I may give this to the missus. It doesn't smell funny, it starts and runs without drama, the ride and drive are car like, the stereo is completely acceptable, the fuel economy appears to be acceptable, and it has a back seat. She loves it. I had planned on getting her a new Edge, but this may be it. The stupid white truck and I just about bonded when I moved it yesterday and the red one told me it missed me with that basso profundo voice it has. I like the city truck, but it has girl written all over it.

Comment

• you like the fuel economy - that comes with aero enhancements - which include much lower air dams under the front bumper than you're used to on the older truck - in fact - it probably has under engine shields that will have to be totally or partially removed to change the oil .... this is all stuff the LSR guys have figured out a long time ago - they probably made this stuff from aluminum, in production, plastic is a heck of a lot cheaper (and lighter)

ENJOY
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• mileage report on the new toaster... 23 mpg on the lie-o-meter over 1200 miles mixed, probably 50/50 city / highway. I can't calculate by hand yet, the first receipt "disappeared" and I haven't had to fill it up a second time yet. Looks like about 750 mile range on the tank is going to be normal.I am bordering on being really impressed and really liking this 2.7 mill, and one Mercedes turd really doesn't. Haha. Despite being the smallest engine they have ever put in an F150, all of it's 375 ft/lb's are in by 3000, making it a pretty good truck engine.

Red truck becomes pasture truck. Nasty smelly beat up White truck gets a new fuel pump. The way too civilized for me toaster becomes the new family car... and a pretty decent family car at that. I saw the front page and I thought "Well, this IS RWD, 300+hp, seats four comfortably, and flies under the radar... for 25k"

No wonder they are selling better than the Impala I didn't know existed.

Comment

Working...
              X